Issue: How to use AirDrop on iPhone and Mac?
Hello! I have started using iPhone and wondering what is the easiest way to transfer photos or other files to my MacBook? I've heard about the AirDrop function, but I am not aware how to use it. Could you please help me?
AirDrop is one of the easiest ways to share photos and more files from iPhone to Mac and other Apple devices. Additionally, it gives the ability to share your location or website's link instantly as well as contact information, music from iTunes, and Passbook passes. The best thing about AirDrop is that it is inbuilt and you don't need to download any extra apps.
People who want to transfer files between two iPads or iPhones are merely required to keep the close distance so that the Bluetooth connection would work. Those who want to share files from or to Mac computer will need to enable Wi-fi as well. Instructions on how to turn on AirDrop are provided below.
However, be careful when accepting files sent from unknown people. You can never be sure of their intentions, and it is vital to protect your device from the potentially dangerous transfers. If you keep AirDrop always enabled, it is wise to change the parameters of who can transfer files to you — pick Friends Only mode rather than Everyone to avoid transfers from people you don't know.
Instructions on how to use AirDrop on Mac and iPhone
The guide below briefly explains how to share photos from iPhone to Mac using AirDrop and vice versa. However, attentively follow the instructions since most of the issues why AirDrop doesn't work on Mac or iPhone might be caused by misconfiguration of settings.
Transfer photos from iPhone to Mac with AirDrop
- Swipe downwards to open Control Centre
- Hold your finger and push it harder on any of the four icons at the top-left corner.;
- Click on AirDrop and select your preferences (Everyone or Contacts Only);
- Check if Wi-fi and Bluetooth is turned on;
- Open Photos and click on the one you want to share;
- On the bottom-left corner, tap on the Share icon.
- Select the person you want to share the photo with and wait for approval;
- The photo is successfully transmitted once you see Sent under person's icon.
NOTE: For those who are not using iPhone 10 — avoid steps 1&2. Instead, swipe upwards and simply click on AirDrop icon.
Use AirDrop to share photos from Mac to iPhone
- Make sure that your Mac is connected to the same Wi-fi as the iPhone;
- Open Finder;
- In Favorites panel on the left, select AirDrop;
- Click on Allow me to be discovered by and select Everyone or Contacts only;
- Check that iPhone has also enabled AirDrop and is not asleep;
- Once you see the icon of the person you want to share the file with, drag and drop the it on the icon;
- Wait for the approval from the iPhone (the owner needs to accept the file transfer).
- Sent will appear under the icon once the file is transferred.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.