Issue: How to Use Find My iPhone App?
I have a serious phobia to leave my iPhone somewhere. I‘m checking if it‘s in my bag or pocket every few minutes and feeling a little bit ‚uncomfortable‘ about that insecure feeling. I know that there is a service Find my phone or something, which helps to check where the phone is. Could you please explain what I should do to enable this feature?
Have you heard about the Find My iPhone app? It‘s a free tool developed by Apple and available on Apple Mac Store for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, or AirPods users. Its name gives away the purpose of the app bluntly, which is to help people find the lost of stolen device as soon as possible. All of us have experienced that terrible moment of realization that the iPhone or another Mac device is gone from its usual place. The loss of an iPhone would cost lots of unexpected expenses and may even end up in privacy theft. Therefore, Find My iPhone app would be a great solution. The application uses an iCloud service, which uses the GPS of the lost or stolen iPhone and displays its location on a map. If unfortunately, you can‘t reach your iPhone due to physical distance or other reasons, the Find My iPhone tool will help you to prevent other people from accessing your personal information. Hopefully, you are reading this post not because your iPhone is already lost, but because you want to prevent this from happening. To enable Find My iPhone service, you need to have a downloaded and installed Find My iPhone application up before the loss or stealth of the iPhone, an iCloud account, and a computer or another device with an Internet connection.
How to set up and use the Find My iPhone app?
- Unfortunately, if you have already lost your iPhone, but the Find My iPhone app hasn‘t been downloaded and installed before, you won‘t be able to use the service. If, nevertheless, your iPhone is in your hands, make sure to download the Find My iPhone tool by clicking on this link.
- To set up the app, you will have to indicate your iCloud account info (most likely Apple ID/iTunes account.)
- Once the app is set up, log in to your iCloud account.
- Select Find iPhone and let the iCloud to check for the devices that are enabled for the service.
- If you have several devices that can be searched, click All Devices at the top of the screen.
- Select the device that you want to search for.
- If the program detects your device, it will automatically zoom it on the map and indicate the exact location. It will be marked with a green dot.
- If you think that your device is somewhere near you, you should click Play Sound option. When you do so, you should hear the ringing tone.
- If you assume that the phone has been lost somewhere, click Lost Mode to lock the screen of your iPhone.
- If you did not have a passcode, set up a new one. Otherwise, the old passcode will be used. This will prevent other people from accessing your personal data.
- If you doubt about the possibility to get your iPhone back at all, we would strongly recommend you to delete all personal data stored on it. For this purpose, click the Erase button.
- If a confirmation window shows up, click the box that expresses your agreement, and then click Erase again.
Find My iPhone is a handy tool for all iPhone and other Mac device users. Therefore, we highly recommend people to install it before the iPhone is lost or stolen. Unfortunately, the service won‘t work if the battery of the lost/stolen iPhone is dead, the smartphone does not have the Internet connection r the Location Service is disabled.
NOTE: before selling your iPhone, don’t forget to turn the Find My iPhone service off. You can find the tutorial here.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.