Prepare for the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update. Due date – the beginning of April 2018
Awaited or not, Microsoft‘s Spring Creators Update is yet to come in late March or beginning of April. Codenamed Redstone 4, the Spring Creators Update is the latest Windows 10 OS version 1803. The tech giant is currently working on a full swing to finalize the new build, which is expected to be rolled out to Windows Insiders by the end of next week.
Unlike previous Windows 10 builds, a.k.a. Anniversary Update and Fall Creators Update, Redstone 4 will not exhibit a multitude of the new feature. This time, developers aim at making the operating system as stable as possible.
Redstone 4 will include some noteworthy changes
Despite the fact that it‘s a stability update rather than the feature, there is a handful of notable features. Windows 10 enthusiasts point out to renewed HDR Support; Fluent Design Changes a new Timeline feature as being much anticipated.
- Timeline. Windows 10 Redstone 4 will feature improved Task view, which will allow monitoring the activities preciously performed on the system and re-enable them if needed. This update will minimize the risk of loosing some previously done work.
- Spring Creators Update will feature more fluent design. It will focus on light, depth, and motion. In comparison to the older versions, it will be the most modern design encompassing many layers, highlighting effects, and semi-transparency feature.
- Near Share feature. This new feature is similar to Apple‘s AirDrop. It enables file sharing on multiple devices with enabled Bluetooth and Near Share feature.
- Microsoft Edge. The Microsoft‘s web browser like usually is going to be supplemented with some new features. This time, it will allow running Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), which behave like desktop apps. Each Edge app, therefore, will get its own window and taskbar shortcut.
- Redesigned Hub (bookmarks, history, downloads, eBooks, etc.), auto-fill in forms, syncing saved information across devices, Mute Tab, new full-screen mode, clutter-free printing option, improved Reading View, are some of the other Edge update improvements.
- Font management feature. Settings app will include new Fonts screen option, which will be available in Settings -> Personalization -> Fonts. Clicking on the „Get more fonts in the Store will open the accessible Fonts collection.
- Cortana. Microsoft adds Organizer interface under the Notebook to view the lists and reminder.
- My People, a feature rolled out in Fall Creators Update, will allow drag and drop contacts to re-prioritize them.
- Animated emoji notifications included.
- Action center changes. „Expand,“ „collapse“ and „see more“ options added.
- Two finger swipe gesture to dismiss Action Center pop-ups.
- Lock screen personalization.
- Taskbar features the Acrylic blur effect.
- Renewed Action Center design, „clear all notifications“ option included.
- Quite hours replaced with Focus Assist.
- Documents and Pictures available from Start menu.
- Windows Hello can now be set up on the login screen.
The list of improvements is not definite. You will be able to test everything by yourself soon after Spring Creators Update will be rolled out.
Windows 10 build 1803 will be rolled out in phases
Just like Anniversary update and Creatures Update, Spring Creators Update will reach home users in certain stages. Windows Insiders are the first ones to test the new features. The role of insiders is vital since they allow Microsoft to know about the bugs and shortages that can be fixed in advance.
The first rollout phase will reach newer devices with the pre-installed Windows 10 OS. It is expected that Windows 10 users will be able to upgrade within two months (within April and May).
Once your device gets the update, you will see a pop-up notification at the bottom-right corner of the screen. The pop-up will report that the Windows Feature Update is available to you. Users will be able to install the update not, schedule a time to install it or receive a reminder within few days.
If you don‘t receive the update, you can always go to Settings -> Update & Security and click Check for Updates. This option can accelerate the reception of the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update.
Tips on what to do before installing Spring Creators Update
For the update to be installed successfully, you can perform the following steps to prepare the system:
- Check Manufacturer’s Website to Find Out if Your System is Compatible
- Make Sure Your System Has Enough Disk Space (minimum 10 GB of free space)
- Disable or uninstall your antivirus
- Disable background apps that are not important for system’s performance
- Disable Peripherals and External USB Devices
- Update or Disable Display Adapters
- Disconnect from the Internet When Using an ISO
- Switch to a Local User Account
- Fix current system’s integrities by running a scan with Reimage and executing the following commands via Command Prompt (Admin) (Right-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin):
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Install all pending updates for the current version of Windows (Settings -> Update & Security -> Check for Updates).
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.