Issue: How Can I Remove http://p.chango.com/static/c.js From My Site?
Hello. I own a website, and I found a suspicious code line injected into the script. The code line links to http://p.chango.com/static/c.js. What can I do about it and how can I get rid of it?
p.chango.com/static/c.js is a link associated with Chango company, which is now acquired by Rubicon Project, Inc. To put it simply, this company automates online advertising. The indicated script can appear in your browser due to several reasons. This URL functions as a tracker that collects some personally non-identifiable information about your online activities. It may have been injected into your website by your hosting provider; however, the script might appear on your website after installing a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that injects this code into your browsers silently. Our team has provided every possible solution to this problem. Please try the following techniques to remove http://p.chango.com/static/c.js domain from your website/browser. If one of them do not work for you, proceed and try the next one.
Remove http://p.chango.com/static/c.js from the website
Method 1. Discontinue behavioral advertising
In some cases, it was enough to visit the official Rubicon Project’s website and stop behavioral advertising in order to make http://p.chango.com/static/c.js go away. All that you need to do is:
- Access Rubicon Project site here. Here, look at the Your Preferences section.
- Choose Please discontinue all behavioral advertising. […] option and hit save my preferences.
- Check if the suspicious script keeps appearing or not.
Method 2. Remove rogue browser extensions and associated applications
It turns out that one of the leading p.chango.com causes is a malicious extension added to headmaster’s web browser. For this reason, you have to check each of your web browsers for suspicious extensions installed without your knowledge. We are talking about Text Enhance, VideoFileDownload and videoDownload extensions, which are capable of injecting ad scripts to online HTML editors (some of them are used by Joomla! or WordPress). To remove these shady extensions, follow the instructions given below. OPTIONAL: Reset the affected browser after removing the associated extensions. If you are unsure what is the right way to reset browser settings, check out this guide by the 2-Spyware team.
Remove the virus from your computer system
- Windows OS: Go to Start menu and search for Control Panel. Open the matching result and then go to Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs panel. Here, find suspicious programs such as videoDownload (or similar), right-click on their names and select Uninstall.
- Mac OS: Go to the Applications folder and move suspicious apps to Trash.
Remove from Chrome
- Open Chrome browser, click on three dots in the upper right corner and then choose Settings.
- On the left side, click on Extensions. Here, click the Trash bin icon next to extensions you wish to remove.
Remove from Firefox
- Launch Firefox, and click on three bar icon at the upper right corner of the browser window. Choose Add-Ons option.
- Go to Extensions tab and delete all suspicious add-ons from here.
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE window and click on Manage add-ons.
- Right-click on every suspicious add-on and select Disable.
Remove from Safari
- In Safari, click on Safari name in the menu tray and go to Preferences. In Preferences, go to Extensions tab.
- Here, find unwanted add-ons and click Uninstall button next to them.
Remove from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge. Select More(…) to open its menu. Then go to Extensions.
- Here, right-click every suspicious extension and select Remove.
Method 3. Scan the system for malware/spyware infections
If the provided methods do not help you to remove the suspicious script, try running a system scan with reputable anti-malware like Reimage. It can automatically detect the problem, remove it and optimize the PC system afterward. You can use another anti-spyware or anti-malware software if you have one, just make sure it has the latest updates installed and is a reputable one.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.