Issue: How to change login screen background image on Windows 10?
I would highly appreciate if someone would explain to me how to change sing-in screen on Windows 10 Creators Update? I believe that it’s simple, but I can’t find the settings…
Windows 10 Anniversary Update brought many innovations, which were discussed widely a couple of years ago. Despite loads of positive reviews, many decisions regarding apps, services, settings or customizations were condemned. For example, people were fussing about the customization of the sign-in screen a lot. To be more precise, the fact that the sign-in screen on Windows 10 Anniversary Update is set to “Windows Hero” by default and can’t be changed was strongly criticized.
The things changed with the release of Windows 10 Creators Update, also known as Redstone 2. Microsoft intorduced many new customization settings and modify a bunch of old ones, thus seeking to unleash people’s imagination and creativity. Since Creators Update, people can not only create custom themes, but also change Windows 10 Sign In Background Image. If your PC is running Windows 10 version subsequent to 14291, the customization of the sign-in screen will be available for you.
In case you are running version prior to 14291 build, you are probably seeing a Windows Hero background on the sign-in screen. If you are tired of seeing it and not planning to upgrade the system, the only option that you have is to change the background to solid color. For this purpose, you should:
1. Press Windows key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
2. Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Policies\\Microsoft\\Windows\\System directory.
3. Right-click on the right-side pane and select New -> DWORD.
4. Rename it to DisableLogonBackgroundImage and set its value to 1.
5. Reboot the system and now you should see a solid color sign-in screen.
How to Change Login Screen Background on Windows 10?
Before any attempt to change the login screen background on Windows 10, make sure that your PC runs Windows 10 version not lower than 14291. After that, perform these steps:
1. Press Windows key + I to open Settings app.
2. Open Personalization and select Lock Screen.
3. Down below the background image, you’ll see an option Background.
4. Click on the arrow next to it to open drop-down menu.
5. Change the Lock Screen background image to a picture you like.
6. Then scroll down until you see Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.
7. Slide the toggle to On and close the window that you are currently seeing.
8. To check if the changes have successfully been enabled, reboot the system.
Hopefully, this article helped you to change the signin screen background image successfully. If you would also decide to creare a custom theme to your Windows 10, you can find a tutorial in this post.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools: