Issue: How to Delete Your Google Account?
I have a few Google accounts. However, I use only one. Thus, I would like to delete the ones I do not use. However, I found it a complicated procedure. Could you explain to me how it’s done?
Google account gives access to various Google services, such as Gmail, Youtube, Google + and more. Thus, once you create the account, you get access to all their services. Undoubtedly, it’s convenient because you do not need to remember all the different usernames and passwords.
However, if you have more than one Google account or you decided to leave Google services for some personal reason, you might find the removal of the account slightly complicated. However, it’s possible to delete Google Account within a couple of minutes. Additionally, you will be given up to 3 weeks for recovery if you change your mind.
Before you remove your Google Account, you have to learn what happens once you do that. Shortly speaking, you will lose all the information that you saved, received or bookmarked using all Google services. Thus, after deletion you:
- lose your email account with all sent and received emails, drafts, contacts, etc.
- lose access to Google calendar and all the tasks you were scheduled;
- won’t be able to download apps from Google Play;
- lose subscriptions, apps, movies and other content you bought via Google Play;
- lose YouTube subscriptions, playlists, and uploaded content.
Additionally, if you use Google Chrome, you will also lose all saved and bookmarked data in the browser too. However, if none of this scares you and makes considering re-thinking account’s deletion process, follow the guide below and declutter your online life.
Steps for deleting your Google Account
If you are certain that you no longer need Google account, you should download all the needed information and delete your account entirely.
Additionally, if you have used your email to log in to particular accounts or used as a contact email for your bank or other services, you must add a new email to them. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access them.
Step 1. Download your information from Google Account
- Go to Google Dashboard to see and manage all the information that is included in your Google Account.
- In the same page, you will see Download your data link. Click on it.
- In the Download your data page, choose the data you want to include and click Next button at the end of the list.
- Then click Create Archive button and wait until the copy of the needed information is created.
Step 2. Delete Google Account
- Go to Delete your Google Account page.
- Log in to the account if needed.
- At the end of Delete your Google Account page, you have to mark two checkboxes and then click Delete Account button.
- Confirm deletion.
Note. Google gives 2-3 weeks to recover your account if you change your mind or forget to export some of the needed data. If you decide to restore it, you should follow the guide provided on the Google support page.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: