Issue: How to Disable Hyper-V in Windows 10?
Hello all. Do you have any ideas why Windows does not allow me to uninstall Hyper-V? When I try to do so, I get an error saying: “The changes couldn't be completed. Please reboot your computer and try again. Error Code: 0x800F0831.” I’ve tried many things, including bcedit option, powershell scripts, DISM, and some other things, but none of them worked. Have you any ideas?
Hyper-V is not a tool for inexperienced PC users. It’s a utility, which replaces Microsoft Virtual PC and allows running multiple operating systems on a single device. Hyper-V simplifies the lives of software developers, professional IT workers or tech-savvy people who opt for working or experimenting with multiple OS, including various Linux releases, FreeBSD, and Windows. When using the tool, there’s no need for physical hardware injected into machines. Hyper-V turns different OS into virtual machines (“guest”), which run in tandem on a single computer (“host”).
While the tool is useful for many PC enthusiasts and experts, many of them find it lacking for some features, for example, live migration of virtual machines from one host to another, Hyper-V Replica, Virtual Fiber Channel, virtualizing GPUs using RemoteFX, and so on. Due to this or other reasons, they decide to switch to other virtualization products. The problem is that sometimes Hyper-V removal fails and returns errors like “The changes couldn't be completed. Please reboot your computer and try again. Error Code: 0x800F0831.” There were some instances when .Net Framework 3.5 were missing or damaged, which is why the removal process could not be completed. If you are experiencing this same problem, the following methods may help you:
This video has all the information required:
Disable Hyper-V Hypervisor
- Press Windows key + X and select Apps and Features.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Programs and Features link.
- Then click the Turn Windows features on or off link on the left pane.
- Locate Hyper-V option and unmark it.
- Click OK to save the changes and reboot.
NOTE: this option will not uninstall Hyper-V, but disable the feature temporarily. It will be enabled automatically after the installation of crucial Windows Updates.
Disable Hyper-V via Command Prompt and PowerShell environments
- Right-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Copy and paste the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. Press Enter.
- Then run the Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup command and hit Enter.
- Now type the sfc /scannow and press Enter again.
- Close Command Prompt and open Windows PowerShell (with administrative privileges).
- Type PowerShell in Windows search, right-click it, and select Run as Administrator.
- Copy and paste the Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All.
- Close PowerShell and reboot the PC.
Reinstall .NET Framework
Download the latest version of the .NET Framework. If it has been damaged or removed due to virus infection or other reasons, follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to this website.
- Find .NET Framework and download it.
- Run the setup file and confirm the installation. Don’t worry if the process lasts up to 10 minutes.
- Once installed, try to Uninstall/Disable Hyper-V.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.