Issue: How to download Facebook data?
After finding that Facebook not only collects but also shares details about its users, I would like to know what kind of information does it have about me. Could you show me how to download Facebook data?
Facebook is a social media platform widely used by more than 1 billion people. Unfortunately, once it became public that Cambridge Analytica shared information of 87 million users, people no longer feel safe. Since many people have used Facebook from the early teens, it is impossible to remember how much details you have revealed about yourself.
- IP address;
- Operating system;
- Hardware version;
- Frequently visited pages;
- Browser type, etc.
However, this data that Facebook gathers is not the only one. Sadly, it also collects information that you provide while using its services. These details are far more private and can not only identify you but also provide sensitive information about your personal life.
We strongly advise you to be cautious of what information you directly submit to your social media platforms. Note that, you can also modify the privacy settings to make sure that others won't see private details. Although, the smartest move would be not to upload such information.
If you wonder what data Facebook has on you or you want to download it for analysis, there is a way how you can get it done quickly. You will find instructions presented below which are designed to show quick steps. However, it is essential that you would follow them attentively if you want to succeed.
Learn how to download Facebook data
Facebook data download guidelines are presented below. Although, if you cannot download the file, make sure that your computer and account is not infected with a Facebook virus. For that, we highly recommend installing a professional security tool that would help you protect your computer. Reimage is an excellent pick.
Download Facebook data and deleted messages:
- Go to Facebook and log in;
- Click on the downward pointed arrow in the top-right corner of the window;
- Select Settings;
- On the left panel, pick General and open General Account Settings;
- Search for Download a copy of your Facebook data at the end of the page;
- Click it and wait for the next page to open;
- Hit Start my archive and wait for the data to be downloaded to your email;
- Go to your email and check for the notification from Facebook;
- Make sure that it is legitimate and click on the download link it contains;
- You will be redirected to the previous page and should click the Download Archive button;
- Submit Facebook password when asked and wait for the download to begin.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools: