Issue: How to fix 0x00000154 BSOD in Windows?
Hello. Today my Windows computer crashed and showed a Blue Screen of Death with a 0x00000154 error. What could have caused it and how do I fix it?
The blue screen of death (BSOD) 0x00000154 is an error that occurs on Windows-based computers. It appears when users try to launch apps or play games on their system. The error message that is displayed along with the BSOD is UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, which indicates that the kernel memory store component has caught an unanticipated exception.
This error can impact users in a number of ways. For example, the system may become unresponsive and the user may not be able to access any files or programs. In some cases, the system may reboot automatically, causing unsaved work to be lost. Additionally, the error may prevent the user from being able to use their computer at all, making it difficult or impossible to complete tasks or access important information.
Possible solutions for this issue include updating or reinstalling device drivers, disabling third-party antivirus software, and checking for any corrupt system files. In some cases, the issue may also be resolved by performing a system restore or reinstalling the operating system. It's also possible that the issue is hardware-related and may require the replacement of a component.
In this guide, you will find 8 steps that should help you fix 0x00000154 BSOD in Windows. Keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process can be lengthy. You can use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, or registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Disable Third-Party Security Software
Users should disable third-party security software if they experience BSOD crashes in Windows because it can cause conflicts with the operating system, resulting in crashes.
Third-party security software can also interfere with the proper functioning of Windows' built-in security features, potentially leaving the system vulnerable to malware or other security threats.
Disabling the software temporarily can help to determine if it is the cause of the crashes, and if it is, the user can consider alternative security solutions.
Solution 2. Update Windows
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box
- Type ms-settings:windowsupdate in the text box and press Enter
- Click the Check for updates button
- If a new update is available, click the Download & Install all button.
- Restart your computer after the process is finished and check to see if the problem is fixed
Solution 3. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 4. Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Windows has a built-in RAM testing tool. It’s included on Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows 7, and all other modern versions of Windows.
- Open the Start menu, type Windows Memory Diagnostic, and press Enter
- Click Restart now and check for problems (recommended)
- Your computer will now restart
- The test may take several minutes. You will see a progress bar and a Status message will inform you if any problems have been detected during the process
Solution 5. Update Drivers
Outdated drivers could be the cause of this issue. In this case, you can fix it automatically by using DriverFix, which will scan your PC for missing and out-of-date device drivers. Or you can update them manually:
- Open Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update
- Click the Check for updates button
- Click the View optional updates option
- Click the Driver updates tab
- Select the driver you want to update
- Click the Download and install button
If the View optional updates link is not available after checking for updates, then Windows Update does not have any new drivers or any updates for other products at that particular time.
Solution 6. Disable Fast Startup
- Open the control panel and search for power options
- From the left pane, click on Choose what the power buttons do
- Choose Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Make sure the box before Turn on fast startup is unchecked
- Click on Save changes and close the window
Solution 7. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Go to the Start menu, type restore, and click on Create a restore point
- Click System Restore, then follow the prompts until you can select a restore point
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process
Solution 8. Repair Install Windows
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 or Windows 10 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select your USB drive
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.