Issue: How to fix 0x80071AB1 error when installing Net Framework 3.5?
Hello. I need Net Framework 3.5 to run a specific program but every time I try to install it I receive a 0x80071AB1 error. Any tips would be appreciated.
Windows is one of the most popular operating systems. At the end of 2021, the newest version – Windows 11 was released. However, many people noticed that they cannot run various applications that they used to run on Windows 10, and the issue lies in NET Framework.
NET Framework is used to create and run software applications. When users upgraded to Windows 11 and tried to run specific apps, they noticed that Net Framework 3.5 is missing. It is needed to run some older apps. However, even when people tried installing it, they received a 0x80071AB1 error.
The 0x80071AB1 error could be caused by issues with the Windows Update feature. We recommend trying to update your Windows machine, fixing corrupted files, or resetting Windows update components. In this guide, you will find 5 methods that could help you fix the 0x80071AB1 error when installing Net Framework 3.5.
If you want to avoid a lengthy troubleshooting process, you can also use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, make sure to proceed with the steps provided below carefully.
Method 1. Check for Windows Updates
- Click Settings from your start menu and click Update & Security
- Choose Windows Upgrade from the left panel and click the Check for updates button, and then your computer will check for, download, and install any updates found
Method 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
If the Windows update was unsuccessful, try running a dedicated troubleshooter:
- Press the Windows + X keys and go to Settings
- Go to Update and Security
- Click Troubleshooter
- Select Additional troubleshooters
- Run the Update troubleshooter
Method 4. Reset Windows Update Components
- Open Command Prompt as administrator again
- Copy and paste the following commands, pressing Enter after each:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Network\\Downloader\\*.*”
rmdir %systemroot%\\SoftwareDistribution /S /Q
rmdir %systemroot%\\system32\\catroot2 /S /Q
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
- Restart your PC
Method 5. Upgrade Windows 11
- Go to the official Windows 11 download page
- Under Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) select Windows 11 (multi-edition ISO)
- Right-click on ISO then click Mount and Setup.exe
- In the Install Windows 11 dialog, click Next
- Click on Accept in the license terms dialog
- Wait for the setup program to check for the available free space
- On the Ready to install page, make sure Keep personal files and apps have been checked
- Then click Install and just follow the prompt
- Windows 11 will restart your device several times, and lead you to the lock screen
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.