Issue: How to Fix 0x80072F30 Error on Windows Store?
When I try to download or open apps on Windows Store, I get the error code 0x80072F30. Do you know how to fix it? Would highly appreciate any help.
The Error Code 0x80072F30 is one of the Windows Store errors, which occurrence prevails on the Windows 10 operating system. It’s not a fatal bug, so you should not worry about system’s crashes, freezes, unexpected slowdowns or similar problems or, at least, the 0x80072F30 error would not cause that. This particular error prevents Windows Store from working normally.
The Store opens as usually and provides a variety of apps, but none of them can be downloaded. If nevertheless, the app is downloaded successfully, 0x80072F30 error prevents it from installing. Indeed, the inability to use any of Windows Store apps is a big problem, which, luckily, can be solved quite easily.
In most of the cases, it is triggered by Windows Store cache or stopped Windows Update service. There may be other causes, such as the incorrect date and time settings or Windows Store app problems. Therefore, we will provide all possible fixes that eventually should help you fix 0x80072F30 error once and for all.
How to Fix 0x80072F30 Error on Windows Store?
Method 1. Reset Windows Update Components
NOTE: before performing the steps indicate below, it's advisable to make registry backups.
- Right-click Win key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- If a UAC shows up, click OK to proceed.
- By typing the following commands you will stop BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services. Don't forget to press Enter after each of them:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
- Then type Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Network\\Downloader\\qmgr*.dat” command to delete qmgr*.dat files.
- Once done, copy and paste cd /d %windir%\\system32 command and press Enter to execute the command.
- To re-register BITS and Windows Update files, you will have to type all the commands (followed by Enter) provided below:
- To reset Winsock, type netsh winsock reset and netsh winhttp reset proxy commands. Press Enter after each of them as usually.
- Finally, restart BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services by entering the following commands each followed by Enter:
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
Method 2. Set Windows Store startup type to automatic
- Press Windows key + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.
- Find Windows Store on the list, right-click it, and select Start (in case it was disabled).
- The right-click on Windows Store service one more time, click Startup Type, and select Automatic.
- Press Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Reboot the system so that the changes would be fully executed.
Method 3. Clear Windows Store cache
- Press Windows Key + R, type wsreset.exe, and click Enter.
- When the blank Command Prompt window shows, don’t press anything. The cache is being removed, so wait until Windows Store closes and then reopens automatically.
- After that, try to download Kodi or another required application.
Method 4. Reinstall Windows Store
- Click Windows key + R and type PowerShell.
- Right-click on the search results and select Run as Administrator.
- Type Get-Appxpackage –Allusers and press Enter.
- Find Windows Store entry and copy the package name. For this purpose, mark it and press Ctrl + C.
- After that, type Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode command.
NOTE: replace PackageFullName with the Windows Store package name by pressing Ctrl + V. Besides, instead of C: type the letter of the root driver of your system.
- Then reopen PowerShell with administrative privileges as explained above.
- Paste Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode command and press Enter.
- Finally, reboot the system to execute all changes.
Method 5. Set the normal time, language, and date for your machine
- Go to your Windows search section.
- Type “settings”.
- Open the app and find Time & Language.
- Deselect the feature that says “Set time automatically”.
- Go and change these features manually.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.