Issue: How to fix 0x80280013 login error in Windows?
Hello. When I try to log into my Windows 10 computer with a PIN or fingerprint I receive the 0x80280013 error code. What should I do?
Windows is an operating system created by Microsoft. It has a user-friendly interface, many customization abilities, built-in troubleshooters, and other useful features. Such complex systems rely on thousands of processes to run smoothly. If something goes rogue, people can experience errors, bugs, glitches, and other malfunctions.
Recently, some users started experiencing issues with Windows Hello. People say that they receive the 0x80280013 error when trying to log in. In some cases, the error keeps appearing constantly, multiple times a week which can be very annoying. Users are also asked to change their PIN or fingerprint.
Even though it is not clear why exactly 0x80280013 login error appears in Windows, you will find 6 steps in this guide that may help you get rid of it. Some found that resetting the PIN or biometrics solved the issue, however, you may also have to update your drivers or reinstall Windows if nothing else will help.
Keep in mind that manual troubleshooting can be a lengthy process, so you can use a maintenance tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. It can fix most system errors, corrupted files, BSODs, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below to fix 0x80280013 login error in Windows.
Solution 1. Reset PIN
- Open File Explorer and tick the box on View tab to Show Hidden Files
- Browse to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc
- Delete or rename Ngc.old folder to reset the PIN
- Now you can add a PIN normally by going to Windows Settings, then Accounts and Sign-In Options
Solution 2. Reset Windows Hello Biometrics
- Open Windows Services and find Windows Biometric Service
- On the left, click on Stop the service
- Create a new folder somewhere on your computer called WinBioBackup
- Now open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase
- Back up the Dat files in this folder by copying and pasting them into the new folder you created
- Delete the original files in the WinBioDatabase folder
- Go to the Services again, find Windows Biometric Service and click on Restart the Service
- Go to your Account settings, then Sign-in options, and go through the registration process again to re-register your biometrics
Solution 3. Turn off Fast Startup
- Go to the Control Panel and choose Power Options
- Click on Choose what the power buttons do
- Press Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) and Save changes
Solution 4. Use System Restore
- Go to the Start menu, type
restore, and click on Create a restore point
- Click System Restore, then follow the prompts until you can select a restore point
- Select the one you want (ideally before the 0x80280013 login error appeared) and go ahead with the process
Solution 5. Update Drivers
- Right-click on Start and pick Device Manager
- Expand one of the sections, for example, Network adapters
- Right-click on your network adapter and select Update driver
- Pick Search automatically for drivers
- Wait till the drivers are found and installed on your system
- Restart your PC
- You can also use a driver updater, like DriverFix to automatically receive the latest drivers
Solution 6. Repair Install Windows
- Download the Windows 10 ISO file
- Now mount the ISO file
- Double-click on the file setup.exe to start the repair, install from the mounted drive
- When the installation provides the License Terms, read them and click Accept
- Windows 10 will now check for updates and will install the ones available
- When all is set, click Install
- When the installation is complete, follow the on-screen instructions
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.