Issue: How to Fix -45054 Error in the iTunes Store?
Hello. I was trying to make a purchase on iTunes, but an unseen error -45054 did not allow me to finish it. How can I fix that? By the way, my device runs Mac OS X.
It is often said that iTunes is “everything that you need to be entertained.” We must agree with that because iTunes streams media, contains millions of songs, broadcasts radio, and offers other useful services. With the iTunes, people can download files, play online, and create audio/video play tracks, and so on. Therefore, it’s one of the must have tools these days. Although it has been developed by Apple Inc., it can be run both on Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows OS. Not to mention, it is accessible not only on laptops and personal computers, but also iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad.
As a rule, when the app is used by millions of people every second all around the world errors are unavoidable. Thus, it’s not surprising that people started reporting about an error message on iTunes when downloading purchases or performing XYZ tasks. The message says:
“We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error has occurred (-45054).”
Since iTunes is an app used every day and has millions of users all over the world, Apple Inc. put a great effort to find out what causes iTunes Error -45054. Four major reasons have been excluded:
- Outdated iTunes
- Corrupted system files
- Disk permission
- Internet problems
Our team has tested this issue and successfully fixed iTunes Error 45054 manually. However, this task may appear difficult for those who not yet advanced in using Mac system. Therefore, you can try to fix iTunes Error 45054 automatically with the help of MacKeeper or MacBooster.
How to fix iTunes Error -45054?
- Check whether iTunes is up-to-date. If you find out that your iTunes version is not the newest, download it and update.
- If iTunes update did not work, check for the corrupted system files. (In this case, one of the aforementioned programs would be very helpful).
- In case you did not manage to fix iTunes Error -45054 by performing steps 1 or 2, you should now try using “Repair Disk Permission” function. For this purpose, you should:
-Go to Applications folder – Select Utilities – click twice on Disk Utility.
-Select Mac Hard disk, which is on the left pane and highlight Verify Disk Permission and Repair
Disk Permission options.
-Choose Repair Disk Permission and wait until the repair process finishes.
-Finally, open iTunes and see if Error -45054 on Mac is still there.
- In case this Repair Disk Permission did not help, reinstall iTunes. Make sure that you download the app via the official website. Besides, don’t forget to uninstall iTunes properly. For that, drag the icon to Trash, empty Trash, and then find all related files in the following locations: /Library/Preferences/ and /Library/Application Support/
- You can also try to fix iTunes Error 45054 automatically by installing MacKeeper or MacBooster software.
- In case nothing helps, try to look for the help here. However, the methods provided there are difficult to understand and follow. Therefore, try the methods we have listed above.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.