Issue: How to Fix "An unspecified error occurred during system restore 0x80070780" on Windows?
When I try to perform System Restore, the process begins, and it goes up to approximately 30% or 76%, but it stops then, the system restarts. After that the message appears “System Restore did not complete successfully. An unspecified error occurred during system restore 0x80070780”. I’d be grateful for your advice.
“An unspecified error occurred during system restore 0x80070780” error  notification is one of the alternative messages displaying when System Restore does not complete successfully. There is already an article about this error. There you will find different solutions for the problem.
Since the error number changes each time, the cause may be different. In most cases, the fault lies in third-party security apps which do not allow configuration to their files. As a result, the System Restore process does not complete properly.
Alternatively, malware might be at fault for preventing you to perform this procedure. here are certain ransomware threats which meddle with the system files. In order to make sure there is no malware present on the system, scan it with RestoroMac Washing Machine X9.
Option 1. Check for corrupted system files
Windows has integrated System File Checker. It is an efficient tool when the problem lies in a corrupted system file.
- Press Windows+R at the same time and enter cmd. If the program does not allow you to do that, launch the program as administrator. In other words, find Command Prompt by typing cmd after opening Start menu, right-click on the entry and choose “run as administrator.”
- Once the software launches, type sfc /scannow.
- Wait for it to finish the scanning process.
Option 2. Uninstall an anti-virus app
As mentioned before, certain programs do not allow configuration to their files. Due to such feature, system restore fails.
- In Windows 10, click on the Start button and type Apps and Features.
- Find your security application and uninstall it. Reinstall it after System Restore is complete.
Option 3. Run System Restore in Safe Mode
After you confirmed that there is no malware present in the system, you might run System Restore in Safe Mode. You can perform this procedure by choosing Advanced startup under Settings, Recovery section.
In order to boot into Safe Mode, you can restart the device manually for several times until it displays startup settings. Alternatively, the above method is one of the options. Thirdly, you can boot the system in Safe Mode with the assistance of System Configuration app.
- Click on the Start, type sysconfig.
- Select System Configuration app.
- Go to Boot tab and place the checkmark on Safe Boot. You can deactivate the mode by removing the checkmark.
Finally, try performing System Restore from the Windows installation disc.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.
- ^ paulos123. An unspecified error occurred during system restore (0x8007051a) windows 8.. BleepingComputer. News, reviews, and tech support.
- ^ Steve Winograd. An unspecified error occured during system restore 0x800700b7. Microsoft Community.
- ^ Andy Greenberg. New Ransomware Linked to Notpetya Sweeps Russia and Ukraine. Wired. IT News and Commentary.