Issue: How to fix Camera app error 0x200F4246 (0x80040154) in Windows?
Hello. I have issues with the inbuilt camera app on Windows. The camera app shows the error 0x200F4246 on the screen and it appears when the app fails to work properly. The error is not explaining anything and the only indication is “something wrong”. I run Windows 10 on the computer. Can you help?
Windows machines have issues with various functions and features of the OS. It is not perfect, and bugs occur due to various reasons. The particular Windows 10 issues can be related to problems with third-party applications, system damage, malware infections. It is common to experience errors when the update fails or has bugs that require patching.
Camera app error 0x200F4246 (0x80040154) in Windows gets reported by various users. The issue occurs when users try to use the webcam application or just turn it on. The Camera app cannot find the webcam for use and delivers the error indicating that something is wrong. The program fails to work, and the attempt gets terminated.
The error can be caused by a system bug or an issue with the application itself. Driver issues are pretty common, and these issues with system files can lead to other problems. Outdated camera drivers in particular can trigger the “something wrong” issue. This is one of the common reasons behind the Windows issues.
The problem with Camera app error 0x200F4246 (0x80040154) code can occur due to the Windows Update issues when the latest upgrade is not installed or installed without particular files that are needed for the proper launch of programs. Anti-virus solutions can trigger issues with the machine when the OS and the program have compatibility issues.
Permissions for the camera often lead to problems with webcam usage and other applications. The occurrence of these problems might indicate that those settings are not right. The app needs to be permitted to use the camera, so the process can be smooth. It is not difficult to fix and alter.
As for the issues with system files, you can fix Camera app error 0x200F4246 (0x80040154) in Windows issue by running ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. This app can find affected files, data that need repairing due to corruption or alterations. This is a quick solution to the problem. If you cannot fix the issue easily, you can go through the steps below.
Method 1. Run the troubleshooter
- Click Start, search Troubleshoot Settings, and open it.
- Hit Advanced troubleshooters.
- Under Find and fix other problems, scroll down and select Windows Store Apps.
- Click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- Click on Open Apps and Features.
- Click on the Camera app and select Advanced Options.
- This will take you to the window that contains action choices for the Camera application.
- Scroll down and click on the Reset option.
- After the reset try to launch the app again.
Method 2. Check Privacy settings
- Press Start + I button on the keys to open the Settings window.
- Find and click on the Privacy (Location, camera).
- Shift to Camera from General on the left-hand pane.
- There is a toggle under Allow apps use my camera hardware.
- Make sure the toggle is switched to On.
Method 3. Uninstall or reinstall drivers
- Right-click on the Start button in the bottom left.
- Choose Device Manager from the list.
- Open Cameras or Sound, video and game controllers on the right-hand pane to find your webcam.
- Right-click on the webcam and choose Properties from the menu.
- Select the Driver tab and click on Uninstall.
- Choose to Delete the driver software for this device.
- Click on OK to confirm.
Method 4. Reinstall Camera app
- Right-click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Choose Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the context menu.
- Type Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | Remove-AppxPackage and press Enter.
- Wait for the process to end.
- Open Microsoft Store.
- Find and download the Windows Camera app.
- Install the app.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.