Issue: How to fix CLR20R3 error in Windows?
Hello. I recently installed a new program on my Windows computer but whenever I try to launch it I receive the CLR20R3 error. Is there anything I can do?
The CLR20R3 error is a common problem that can occur when trying to launch a program on a Windows operating system. This error is usually caused by a problem with the program's installation or a conflict with another program on the system. It is typically accompanied by an error message that reads “Application has generated an exception that could not be handled” or “Application has stopped working.”
The error may also be accompanied by a reference to the “CLR20R3” error code. This error can be caused by a variety of factors, including compatibility issues with the operating system, missing or damaged files, or a problem with the program's code. To fix the CLR20R3 error, you may need to reinstall the program, update your operating system, or troubleshoot the issue to identify the specific cause.
In this guide, you will find 7 steps that should help you fix CLR20R3 error in Windows. Keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process can be lengthy. You can use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache automatically.
Solution 1. Install Windows Updates
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box
- Type ms-settings:windowsupdate in the text box and press Enter
- Click the Check for Updates button
- If a new update is available, click the Download & Install all button.
- Restart your computer after the process is finished and check to see if the problem is fixed
Solution 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 3. Run the Program in Compatibility Mode
- Right-click on the problematic program, and choose Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab, and check Run this program in compatibility mode
- Select the Windows version
- Right-click on the program and choose the Open file location option
- Save your changes, launch the program causing the error and check if it is fixed
Solution 4. Disable Third-Paty Security Software
Sometimes antivirus software can block legitimate processes mistakenly. You should try disabling your antivirus to see if it gets rid of the CLR20R3 error.
Solution 5. Install .NET Framework
- Visit the official Microsoft website and download the latest .NET framework version
- Run the installation setup to install the framework
- After the framework has been updated, restart your computer
- Check to see if the program is working
Solution 6. Download the App from Official Sources
This error commonly occurs when an app is downloaded from an unofficial or third-party website. To prevent this issue, it is advisable to download the program from the official website and install it on your Windows system. You can follow the steps below to uninstall the current app from your system:
- Go to Apps & features
- Find the problematic application in the list
- Click on it and then click Uninstall
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process
Solution 7. Repair Install Windows
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 or Windows 10 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select your USB drive
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.