Issue: How to fix CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED on Windows 10?
Please help! While I’m using Windows 10, I quite often run into CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. That’s a Blue Screen of Death, which once showed prevents me from browsing. That’s a really annoying thing because I lose the pages found continuously and in some cases even important documents were lost. Why does it occur and how to fix CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error?
It’s sad that despite all great features and functions, Windows 10 so frequently delivers errors like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. In most of the cases, Windows 10 errors occur due to incomplete updates, clash of important programs, the absence of .dll or .exe files, and similar problems.
Speaking about Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors, the cause is related to hardware or drive usually. Very often people get into panic when they see BSOD as they start thinking that the reason might be virus/spyware infection or some other serious causes. In case of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, it’s worth mentioning that it’s not related to malicious programs in any way. According to the specialists who have worked on this error, there are three reasons that might cause CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. These are the following:
- Faulty device drivers
- Drivers fault: not installed for chipsets and other hardware devices
- Windows bugs
It goes without saying that a BSOD is an irritating experience because it disrupts web browsing and PC using in general. Therefore, it’s very important to fix CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ASAP. First of all, we encourage you to try automatic fix with the help of RegCure Pro or Reimage. Both programs have been developed for optimizing Windows system and fixing errors like this. On top of that, they both are free for download. If you have already tried automatic CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED fix and did not work, then you should try fixing the issue manually.
How to fix CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED on Windows 10?
Unfortunately, but additional programs like the ones that we have mentioned above not always help to fix CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. That’s why you may need to perform additional tasks to get rid of this BSOD error.
Fix 1. Install drivers
As we have already mentioned, BSOD errors like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED are frequently caused by faulty drivers, so the first thing that you should try is to install device driver. For this purpose, use Device Manager. For that, perform the following steps:
- Click on Windows Key (bottom left corner) + X
- Type Device Manager and double click on it once found.
- In the opened window, find Help and click on a screen with a magnifier symbol, which is named as Scan for Hardware changes.
- If any of the drivers are missing, they will show up on the list marked in yellow. Click on each of them and select Update Driver Software.
- Then select Search automatically for updated driver software in order to let Windows system find and download drivers and their updates automatically.
- Finally, click Close and Restart the system.
Fix 2. Check errors using SFC
- Click Windows Key (bottom left corner) + X.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin) to open CMD. Accept the UAC if it emerges.
- When the CMD window, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- Wait for the scan to complete. If any problems will be found, Windows system will automatically fix them using SFC tool.
- As soon as this process will be finished, close all tools and Restart the system.
If fix 1 does not help, try the 2-nd method and we believe that CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error will not disrupt you. In case you didn’t manage to fix CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, contact us.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.