Issue: How to Fix CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD Error on Windows 10?
Hello. I’m using Dell PC, which runs Windows 10 Home x64. The problem is that soon after upgrading to Windows 10 I have started experiencing a Blue Screen, which says CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. It occurs randomly ranging from every hour to every couple of hours and it doesn’t matter whether I’m using my PC or not. Any help would be highly appreciated as I cannot find any relevant information online. Thanks!
CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION is yet another Windows 10 bug reported by the users of the OS. The bug is delivered in a form of a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) and is followed by a countdown and a system restart. Typically, the issue happens when a PC owner is viewing a video or playing games, especially in high definition, for more than 15 min. After the bug emerged, specialists were speculating that the issue arises due to the failure of the program that is used for video/game playing. However, this version has been denied after initiating a thorough analysis of CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION BSOD error. It has been revealed that this Blue Screen appears on Windows 10 OS exceptionally, regardless of the model of the PC, the software installed on it, and the program used for video/game playing, and other factors. CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION or 0x00000109 Error Code indicates driver-related issues. Usually, the culprit is associated with the modification of windows 32 kernel code. In some rare cases, this BSOD might indicate a hardware failure. As far as we have managed to find, windows kernel file is often targeted by malware, rootkits, and viruses. Therefore, if you have started receiving CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error recently, run a full system scan with anti-malware, for example, Reimage. The following are the fixes that might also be useful in getting rid of this driver issue triggering CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD.
How to Fix CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD Error on Windows 10?
The immediate response to the emergence of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION bug should be a full scan with a professional anti-malware. That’s going to help in case windows kernel file has been damaged by virus/malware and now causes driver issues. If Reimage find nothing, then the culprit is not a virus. Thus, try to perform the following steps:
Method 1. Run an Elevated Command Prompt
- Click Win key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Let the system perform the repair automatically.
- After that, type dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter. This command will attempt to fix corrupted files from a trusted online source.
- Once done, reboot the system.
Method 2. Boot the system in Safe Mode
- Click Power button and press Shift key.
- Select Restart and then Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options and select Startup Settings.
- Finally, select Restart.
- When the system boots up, select Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
If the CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD has disappeared, then you should also try a clean boot in case there are some software incompatibility issues. For this purpose, do the following steps.
Method 3. Try a clean boot
- Click on Win key + S and type msconfig in the search bar.
- Select System Configuration from the search results and click on Services tab.
- Place a tick alongside all Microsoft Services box and then select Disable all.
- After that, click Ctrl + Alt + Delete to Open Task Manager.
- Open Startup and disable all programs that are set to boot along with Windows system automatically.
- Once done, restart your PC.
Method 4. Update drivers
- Right-click on the Win key and select Device Manager.
- Click on the search results and look for the drivers marked with an exclamation mark. If you find such a driver, it means that it’s malfunctioning and has to be updated, uninstalled or reinstalled.
- For this purpose, click on this driver and select Update Driver Software.
- If you find not malfunctioning drivers, then we would recommend updating graphic card driver anyway.
- Once done, restart the system.
If these steps did not help you, we would highly recommend you to reinstall a problematic driver manually. If after all you could not fix CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error, you might need installing Windows 10 from scratch.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: