Issue: How to fix Disk Defragmenter doesn’t work in Windows 10?
Hello. I have the issue with my hard disk because I receive the optimization message, but the process is not staring or gets completed. Are there any reasons why Disk Defragmenter doesn't work in Windows 10? Can I do something about this myself or is it the virus message that I see?
Disk Defragmenter doesn't work in Windows might be the issue related to corrupted installation, third-party files, programs, or compatibility issues. Disk fragmented is the important feature of the Windows operating system because it allows you to rearrange memory clusters and access data on your disk faster.
When Disk Defragmenter doesn't work in Windows 10 it creates issues and frustration because with all the new updates disk fragmentation should also help to keep the computer and hard disk in particular optimized. But the impossible process indicates that there is something not okay with one of the components.
This means that to fix Disk Defragmenter doesn't work in Windows 10 issue, you need to determine the problem first. The root of the error can suggest the solution too. We can surely determine that malware is not related to this problem in any way. You shouldn't panic, scam campaigns with such messages are not known, rely on diagnostics instead.
One of the most common issues that can create the Disk Defragmenter doesn't work problem: not accessible optimization defragment on Windows OS itself, not working defragmenter, missing service files, or corrupted functions allowing to reboot in Safe Mode, for example.
Disk Defragmenter doesn't work is the problem caused by compatibility issues.
How to fix Disk Defragmenter doesn't work in Windows
The inbuilt tool in the Windows operating system provides useful functions for users, so it is frustrating when the error occurs, or the process is not possible to launch. When it comes to scammy messages or malware-related campaigns such messages are not common, it shouldn't be related to any malicious processes. You can always check the machine with an anti-malware or security tool and make sure for yourself. RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 is the tool that can indicate affected files or even PUP traces for you, so run this application before doing anything else that could help to fix Disk Defragmenter doesn't work in Windows 10.
Then, depending on the reason and the root issue of this Disk Defragmenter doesn't work error, you need to determine what is the most believable trigger. You should troubleshoot the problem and make sure that the OS update is not buggy or outdated. Particular Windows 10 updates can sometimes have problems with files and errors that letter on getting fixed by updating the OS entirely. Check if you have the newest versions. Then, try the methods below.
Scan system files to find the issue and solution
- Click on Start and then type cmd in the Search menu.
- Select the result and run the Command Prompt as an administrator.
Checkf or affected files and get solutions for Disk Defragmenter doesn't work error
- Type scannow and press Enter.
- The scan can take up to 15 minutes.
Check the service itself to fix Disk Defragmenter doesn't work in Windows
- Go to the Start menu and search for services.msc.
- Choose the Services icon and open the Services tab.
Check the service for Disk Defragmenter.
- Click on any of them and type Disk Defragmenter.
- Check if the service is enabled and running. Make sure to set it to Manual mode.
- Also, check these and set them to Automatic:
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
End other processes via Task Manager to fix Disk Defragmenter doesn't work in Windows 10
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Check for Processes that are running.
- Righ-click on any that you want to close and End task from the menu that appears.
- Repeat with all the suspicious or unwanted processes.
Create a new user
- Press the Windows key and I at the same time.
- Choose Accounts when the Settings open.
- Select Family & other people.
New user setup via accounts.
- Choose to Add someone else to this PC.
- Follow the information filling procedures and create the account. Switch to the new one and check if Disk Defragmenter works.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.
- ^ Windows 10 Defrag Not Working. Answers. Microsoft community forum.
- ^ Matt Hudson. Disastrous new Windows 10 update is causing serious issues for some people. Techradar. IT news and reviews.
- ^ Malware. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.