Issue: How to Fix ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED Error on Chrome?
A week ago, Chrome started acting super spotty – half the time the pages the pages won’t load and the screen would get stuck with the “Unable to access the network ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED” error. The error freezes Chrome from several seconds to several minutes, but the unusual behavior – slowdowns, freezes, unresponsiveness, pictures not loading, etc. is obvious. This started happening without making any significant changes. What should I do?
Although the “Unable to access the network” error is a known issue for quite a while, there is still not much information about its technical features and causes. In short, the “Unable to access the network” is a comprehensive name of the bug and the more technical name for it is ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED. Typically, it strikes Google Chrome when the PC user is web browsing like usually.
The error freezes the screen for several seconds or sometimes even several minutes, then disappears, and the required website is loaded. Before the emergence of the “Unable to access the network” error, one might also notice web browser’s slowdowns, unresponsiveness or other atypical behavior.
The message itself indicates the culprit of the ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED error, which is related to the network connection problems. Therefore, we would recommend power cycling or simply restarting your modem. That would fix ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED error in case the modem’s configuration was incorrect. In addition to that, we would recommend clearing Google Chrome’s web browsing data.
How to Fix ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED Error on Chrome?
Fix 1. Execute flushdns command
- Right-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Copy and paste the ipconfig /flushdns command.
- Press Enter to execute the command.
- Close Command Prompt and reopen Chrome to check if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 2. Reset IP/TCP
- wiRight-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Copy and paste the following commands in the Command Prompt dialog. Press Enter after each:
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- Close Command Prompt and reopen Google Chrome.
Fix 3. Change your default DNS server
The ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED error might have been triggered by the problems related to the default DNS server. To check that, we would recommend changing your default DNS server to the public on the Google Chrome web browser.
- Right-click on Windows key and select Network Connections.
- Find the current network connection and right-click on it.
- Select Properties.
- Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Mark the Use the following DNS server addresses option and paste these values:
Preferred DNS server – 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS server – 188.8.131.52
- Click OK to save the changes and reopen Google Chrome to check if DNS server changes helped to remove ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED pop-up.
Fix 4. Reinstall the network adapter app
- Press Windows key and the X button on your keyboard at the same time.
- Find Device Manager in the menu.
- Double-click on Network adapters.
- After that, select Uninstall device.
- Restart your computer.
Fix 5. Deactivate the Proxy servers
- Click on the Windows Start icon and find Settings.
- Select Network & Internet;
- Make sure that all options for automatic and manual proxy setup are opt-out.
Fix 6. Delete browsing history in your Chrome web browser
- Open Google Chrome and got to the History section.
- After that select Clear browsing data.
- Ensure that you clean the history from the beginning of time.
- Also, select these options: browsing history, download history, cookies, and other sire and plugin data, cached images and files, autofill from data, passwords.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Restart your computer system.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.