Issue: How to Fix “Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN” Problem?
Hey. I have a problem that just came up recently. Whenever I try to access SkySports website through my Google Chrome, I get an error showing me that the “Website is not available”. I also noticed the error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. What does this error mean and how can I fix it? By the way, the website loads fine on other browsers, I’m only experiencing troubles with Chrome. What is the problem?
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN meaning is very simple – it seems that there is a problem with DNS network service. This error code can appear if the browser cannot access the network or the Internet settings are ill-configured. If your network settings are in order, DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problem may be related to the unresponsive DNS server. Also, your Windows, Mac or Android firewall may be blocking the website from loading. In this case, you will need to change your system’s DNS settings to connect Google Public DNS.
The message typically looks like that:
The server at 0.docs.google.com can’t be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website’s name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
If you can see it, note that its elimination procedure slightly varies from one operational system to another.
How to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN?
Below, we provide instructions helping you fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in each of these operating systems.
Eliminate DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN from Microsoft Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista
If you want to fix the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problem on your Microsoft Windows, please follow these steps:
- Open “Network and Sharing Centre.”
- Select “Change adapter settings.”
- Locate for your Network Connection provider in “Local Area Connection” or “Wireless Connection” and select “Properties” by right-clicking on the icon.
- In the newly opened window, opt for the “Internet Protocol (4 TCP/IPv4)” and click “Properties”.
- In the new window, mark the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option
- Then, type in 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- After you are done with these steps, click OK and close the remaining windows.
Get rid of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN from Mac OS X
To remove DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error from Mac OS X:
- Go to the Apple menu, select “System Preferences” and click “Network.”
- Enter password (if required to authenticate) to proceed with the changes.
- Select the network connection you want to modify:
-To change Google Public DNS setting on Ethernet, click on “Built-In Ethernet” and select “Advanced”
-To change wireless network settings, choose “Airport” and, again, opt for the “Advanced” settings
- If you want to replace listed addresses click +. Or, you can also add new Google IP address to the list. Type: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
- When you complete these steps, press apply and OK.
Remove DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN from Android
If you want to change DNS settings on your Android, follow these instructions:
- Open “Settings” and go to “Wi-Fi.”
- Press-hold your selected network and then click “Modify network.”
- Opt for the advanced options by marking the “Show advanced options” box.
- Choose “Static” next to the “IP settings.”
- Type in DNS servers IP addresses to “DNS 1” and “DNS 2” sections.
- Click “Save” and reconnect to the network to activate the settings.
These methods should help you get rid of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. However, if you still experience problems trying to solve this issue, you can try one of the following programs: RegCure Pro or SpeedyPC Pro.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.