Issue: How to Fix “Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN” Problem?
Hey. I have a problem that just came up recently. Whenever I try to access SkySports website through my Google Chrome, I get an error showing me that the “Website is not available”. I also noticed the error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.
What does this error mean and how can I fix it? By the way, the website loads fine on other browsers, I’m only experiencing troubles with Chrome. What is the problem?
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is an error that might show on the browser any time when you try to access a website. The error warns about a specific problem with DNS network. Usually, this issue is related to DNS settings misconfiguration or other issues with your Internet settings.
DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error typically appears on Google Chrome web browser. However, this issue might bother Windows, Mac or Android OS users. If something is wrong with Internet or DNS settings, Chrome might display a grey window with one of these messages:
This site can’t be reached
www.specific-domain.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
Try running Windows Diagnostics.
This webpage is not available
However, in some cases, the source of the error is computer’s laptop’s or smartphone’s firewall. It might be blocking the website from loading. In this case, you will need to change your system’s DNS settings to connect Google Public DNS. This time, the error gives a different message:
The server at 0.docs.google.com can’t be found because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Fortunately, the problem is not hard to get rid of. You can fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error in Windows, Mac and Android devices. Our team has prepared instructions below.
Methods to fix “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN” problem on Windows, Mac, and Android OS
Different operating systems require performing different steps. Therefore, we have provided instructions for Windows, Mac, and Android users that will help to get rid of the error. However, first of all, you can try the simplest methods that work on all operating systems – cleaning browser’s cache and resetting Chrome.
Remove DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problem from Windows
Method 1. Change TCP/IP4 proxy settings
- Open “Network and Sharing Centre.”
- Select “Change adapter settings.”
- Locate for your Network Connection provider in “Local Area Connection” or “Wireless Connection” and select “Properties” by right-clicking on the icon.
- In the newly opened window, opt for the “Internet Protocol (4 TCP/IPv4)” and click “Properties”.
- In the new window, mark the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option
- Then, type in 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- After you are done with these steps, click OK and close the remaining windows.
Method 2. Reset Winsock program
Winsock manages input and output requests for Internet applications on Windows. Therefore, resetting it might help to get rid of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problem on Chrome:
- Open Windows search box and enter cmd.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt in the results and choose Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt enter the following command and click Enter: netsh winsock reset
- Wait until Windows completes the command and restart the computer.
Method 3. Execute commands in Command Prompt
- Click Start and access Windows search box.
- In the search type cmd and right-click on the result. Choose Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt type the following commands. Press enter after entering each of them:
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
NOTE: You have to run these commands one by one.
Once these commands are executed, restart the computer and check if the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN still exists on Google Chrome.
Solve DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN issue on Mac OS X
Method 1. Change DNS settings
- Go to the Apple menu, select “System Preferences” and click “Network.”
- Enter password (if required to authenticate) to proceed with the changes.
- Select the network connection you want to modify:
-To change Google Public DNS setting on Ethernet, click on “Built-In Ethernet” and select “Advanced”
-To change wireless network settings, choose “Airport” and, again, opt for the “Advanced” settings
- If you want to replace listed addresses click +. Or, you can also add new Google IP address to the list. Type: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
- When you complete these steps, press apply and OK.
Method 2. Clear DNS cache
- Open Finder.
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Terminal.
- In the terminal, enter this command: sudo dscacheutil -flushcache;sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder; say cache flushed
- Once Mac OS X executes it, restart the computer to see if the error is solved.
Options to get rid of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN from Android
Method 1. Change DNS settings
- Open “Settings” and go to “Wi-Fi.”
- Press-hold your selected network and then click “Modify network.”
- Opt for the advanced options by marking the “Show advanced options” box.
- Choose “Static” next to the “IP settings.”
- Type in DNS servers IP addresses to “DNS 1” and “DNS 2” sections.
- Click “Save” and reconnect to the network to activate the settings.
Method 2. Flush DNS cache
If you use Android with a removable battery, you have to turn off your device, remove the battery and wait for 30 seconds. Then insert the battery back and check if DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error is gone.
If you are using a smartphone with a non-removable battery, follow these steps:
- Open Chrome.
- In the address box enter this address: chrome://net-internals/#DNS
- Click DNS in the left menu.
- Find Clear host cache button and click it.
- Click the black arrow at the right top corner of the screen.
- In the appeared pop-up windows click Clear Cache and Flush Sockets options.
- Restart Chrome.
These methods should help you get rid of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. However, if you still experience problems trying to solve this issue, you can try one of the following programs: Reimage, RegCure Pro or SpeedyPC Pro.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: