Issue: How to Fix Error “The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc0000018“ on Windows?
Hello. I have an issue with Microsoft Office. I‘m running Windows 10, which I have upgraded a couple of month ago from version 7. When I try to launch or configure any of Microsoft Office apps, the error saying “The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc0000018. Click Ok To Close The Application“ shows up on my screen. Due to this purpose, I can use neither Word, nor Outlook, nor Power Point and others. Could you please help me with this problem?
“The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc0000018“ is known as Microsoft Office error, which can appear on Windows 8, 7, 10, and all other versions. It is assumed that this bug might be triggered by corrupted system files, malware or software incompatibility. However, recent studies have revealed that this error message occurs when trying to lauch other apps on Windows, including Chrome, VLC player, and many others.
Somethimes “The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc0000018“ pop-up may start showing when you perform some system change. In this case, you should try to recall what was the last modification that you have performed and revert the system to the previous state. However, in most of the cases, people start noticing an increased high CPU usage via Task Manager and the receive 0xc0000018 error when tyring to start one of Microsoft Office applications or other software. We have no doubts that people who are encountering this issue feel frustrated since Microsoft Office apps, including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, and others are used on a daily basis. Luckily, there is several things that can help to fix “The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc0000018“ error.
How to fix “The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc0000018“ error on Windows?
As we have already pointed out, it‘s advisable to try to remember what system modifications you have recently initiated. Have you installed new software? Have you updated some apps? Have you modified some settings? If these modifications weren‘t vital, we would recommend undoing them to make Microsoft Office run smoothly again.
In addition, you may also try to run a system scan with a professional optimization tool. In case the core of 0xc0000018 bug is registries, missing updates, software incompatibilities, etc., such a tool will let you known and help to deal with it. Our recommedation would be Reimage. In case these simple steps did not help you, you should try to perform the following steps:
Fix 1. Open Registry Editor
- Click Win key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
- If a User Account Confirmation window shows up, click Yes or type in your password.
- Using the left pane, navigate to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows.
- Once you are on this location, find APPINIT_DLLS file, delete it by double clicking on it and removing all characters from Value Data.
- Close Registry Editor and restart the system.
Fix 2. Try Clean Boot the system
- Open search, type System Configuration, and press Enter.
- Go to the Services, select Hide all Microsoft services and then Disable all.
- Open Startup tab and select Task Manager.
- Mark all items and click Disable.
- Once done, exit Task Manager.
- On the System Configuration dialogue box, click OK.
- To finish, restart the system.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: