Issue: How to fix ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST?
Hello, I get “ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST” when trying to update Windows. Sometimes it also shows the error code 0x80070424. I am updating my Windows 10 running laptop. I have no idea how I can solve this. Is there any particular reason why this error shows up or a method to fix it?
ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST is one of many Windows system errors. All of them display the particular error codes that indicate specific problems, and due to different issues, there are many ways to solve them.
This 0x80070424 error code also is known for involving either Windows Update or Windows Store services in Windows 10 OS. These both are inter-dependable services, and when one of the services receives the error, the other one can get the alert too.
Some users report to encounter the ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST error during the Windows updating process or upgrading Windows Defender, and other ones state the issue occurs to Windows Update Standalone Installer sections.
ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST 1060 (0X424) can have a few reasons:
- Windows update services. When the update requires particular services and processes to do the safe installation. When the needed services cannot run the error appears on the screen.
- Required system files. When particular system files are needed for the update, and they are not found or not registered on the system, the error pops up on the screen.
- 0x80070424 error scam. It may be related to a potentially unwanted program or a technical support scam that aims to trick people into paying for some fake software or alleged technical support help.
How to fix ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST 1060 (0X424)
Since ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST appears due to issues with particular services and files there is a need to repair particular issues, so the error is no longer appearing on the screen. Different messages with the same error code may appear on the screen because Windows Store and Windows Update Installer state about particular issues. However, you can repair needed files, or patch additional issues in applications, so the problem is no longer frustrating you.
It happens when some services are disabled or missing, so you need to ensure that necessary services are available, running and repaired. Some system files or issues can be fixed with repair tools like Reimage
Troubleshoot to fix ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Select the Troubleshoot tab and click Windows Update.
- Choose to Run Troubleshooter.
Register system files
- Open the Run dialog window and enter the following lines one by one:
regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s
regsv32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s
- Reboot the machine and repeat the update.
Enable Windows Update Service ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST 1060 (0X424)
- Open Run window.
- Type services.msc.
- Locate particular Windows services (Workstation, Windows Update, and Background Intelligent Transfer) and double-click them one by one.
- Set the services to Automatic and running.
- Choose the Startup type to Automatic and click Apply if it is needed.
- Reboot and try again.
Fix 0x80070424 error via Windows Registry
- Press Windows key + R and open Run.
- Type regedit.
- Paste the following:
- Choose the DisableWindowsUpdateAccess DWORD on the right-hand pane.
- Double-click and set the value to 0.
- Enable Windows Update from the registry
- Restart and try again.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.