Issue: How to fix “Exception Access Violation” error on Windows 10?
How can I fix exception_access_violation error? Usually, it shows up when I play a game, but yesterday I received the same message on Facebook. I’m using Windows 10. Please help!
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION is a Windows-specific error message, which may strike all OS versions (7, 8, 8.1, etc.). Usually, it is marked by a numeric error code 0xc0000005 and may be dubbed as Unhandled Exception Access Violation.
The error is shown in a form of pop-up window and prevents PC’s user from using particular apps normally. Many people reported this problem occurring during game play or when launching specific apps (Java, Visual Studio, World of Warships, Overwatch, Minecraft, etc.). Sometimes, the error shows up on randomly, but in this case the pop-up indicates a problematic file, for example, ntdll.dll, odbc32.dll, and similar.
According to experts the Exception Access Violation pop-up may be triggered by corrupted software, which ends up with memory corruption. In other words, the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error means that some parts of the software the user is trying to launch may be trying to access protected memory address and the access is denied due to protection.
In some rare cases, the Exception Access Violation error may be triggered by antivirus program. Many people reported Kaspersky as a culprit, but there’s no official prove provided that this particular antivirus program causes the error exceptionally, so you should try to disable or remove any third-party antirust to check if it’s not causing the problem.
If antivirus is not the culprit, then we would recommend scanning the system with Reimage optimization utility. It can deal with problematic system files, such as ntdll.dll and odbc32.dll. If these simple tricks did not help, try to fix EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error manually.
Add a program to the Data Execution Prevention exceptions list
If a specific program is giving the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error, you should try adding that specific application to Data Execution Prevention exceptions list. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel and select System and Security.
- Select System and click Advanced System Settings on the left pane.
- Open Advanced tab.
- Click Settings under Performance and open Data Execution Prevention tab.
- If Data Execution Prevention is turned on, click Add button.
- Now find the .exe file of the program that returns the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error.
- When the program is added to the exclusion list, click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reboot the system and check if the problem was resolved.
Disable User Account Control
This method is applicable in case you encounter the error when launching Java apps. Once you disable the User Account Control, try to install/reinstall Java and run its apps.
- Open Control Panel and select Accounts.
- Click User Accounts and select Change User Account Control settings.
- Move the slider until you set it to Never Notify and click OK.
Create options.ini file
If the only app affected by EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error is Lord of The Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, try the following methods:
- Press Windows key + R, type %appdata%, and click Enter.
- Open My Battle for Middle Earth Files folder. If the folder is empty, create an options.ini file in it.
- Right-click on empty space while in the folder, and select New -> Text Document.
- Open that Text Document and paste the following lines in it:
- AudioLOD = Low
- HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
- IdealStaticGameLOD = VeryLow
- Resolution = 800 600
- StaticGameLOD = VeryLow
- TimesInGame = 1
- Now click File -> Save as.
- Select All Files and enter the options.ini in File name section.
- Select the AppData -> My Battle for Middle Earth Files folder as the saving location and click Save.
Reinstall problematic software
If the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error affected a specific application only, we would recommend reinstalling it. You can do that via Windows Settings applet or Control Panel.
- Press Windows key + I and select Apps.
- Now find the application that can’t be launched due to the error and click on it once.
- Now select Uninstall.
- Alternatively, you can open Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
- Find the app, right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
In case the app cannot be removed as you can’t find its uninstaller, try using a professional software removal tool, such as Perfect Uninstaller.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.