Issue: How to Fix Access Violation Error 0xC0000005 on Windows?
For some reason installation of apps is interrupted by a following message: “Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the install sources are accessible, and restart installation.” Error code: 0xC0000005. Sometimes this message shows up out of nowhere when I’m browsing or doing other installation non-related tasks. What could that be? Please help!
Windows is an intricate system, which is performing multiple tasks once activated. Therefore, all constituent parts of the OS have to work flawlessly. If, for some reason, one of the parts exits the formations, the system may start reporting about malfunctions by slowing down, freezing or bringing up error messages. Therefore, if you are seeing an error code 0xC0000005, also known as Access Violation Error, which claims that “Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the install sources are accessible, and restart installation” or “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)”, it’s very important to take it seriously and put all efforts to find out and fix its causes.
It is stated that 0xC0000005 error usually occurs when a particular application is trying to access memory, which is no longer available or can’t be accessed for some reason. As a consequence, the connection cannot be created and the system cannot perform a required task. This system malfunction may be related to corrupted registry entries, corrupted/outdated drivers, virus infection, incomplete/missing security updates, and similar issues. Thus, since the actual cause of 0xC0000005 bug is not clear, you should try all fixes provided below.
How to Fix Access Violation Error 0xC0000005 on Windows?
Fix 1. Check the system for malware
In general, it’s advisable to check the system with a professional malware removal tool regularly. Full system scan is also a must when your PC encounters a system error, such as 0xC0000005, because viruses are by far the most common error pop-up and BSOD causes. Thus, activate the anti-virus that is running on your PC and let it check the system thoroughly. Make sure that it’s up-to-date and DO NOT trust third-party antivirus because they often work along with malware developers. If you do not trust the anti-malware that is currently running on your PC, we would recommend installing Reimage, which is not only capable of detecting/removing viruses, but will also optimize your PC completely.
Fix 2. Run Registry Editor
If malware scan did not help, follow these steps:
- Press Win key + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
- When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_Dlls.
- Click LoadAppInit_DLLs and change its value from 1 to 0.
- To confirm the changes, click OK.
- Restart your PC and try to run the application that you couldn’t open before. If the error is gone, you don’t need to perform the next fix. If, however, 0xC0000005 still emerges, try the following fix.
Fix 3. Check the drivers
- Press Win key, type Device Manager, and press Enter.
- When the Device Manager opens, check for malfunctioning drivers on the left pane. For this purpose, go through each device and check for the drivers marked with a yellow exclamation mark.
- In case there are no such drivers, it means that all of them are working properly. If, nevertheless, some of them are malfunctioning, right-click on them and select Properties.
- After that, click on Drivers and select Update Drivers.
- Don’t forget to reboot the system when it’s done.
If, however, none of these methods helped you to fix Error Code 0xC0000005, please contact us and we will try to investigate this issue again.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: