Issue: How to fix File System Error 1073741515 in Windows 10?
Windows 10 file system error 1073741515. Need your help as I can't open apps, run Windows 10 as admin or even reboot into Safe Mode. Very few articles on this error and no useful information. Need your help asap.
Windows 10 file system error 1073741515 is a Windows 10 specific problem. Although it's not very common, it belongs to the group of fatal Windows errors since it may cause random system's restarts ending up with 0xC0000135 error and BSOD.
Besides, the System Error 1073741515 can prevent most of the apps, including inbuilt Windows apps, such as Cortana, Edge, and Photos app from launching. Many people reported that this error pushes them into a vicious circle since they cannot initiate the following tasks:
- Open programs;
- Run Windows with administrative privileges;
- Boot the system into Safe Mode with Networking;
- Launch antivirus programs;
In many cases, people manage to fix System Error 1073741515 by addressing missing .dll files. You can do that with the help of Reimage. This multi-feature tool is capable of fully optimizing Windows OS and scanning the system with a powerful AV engine.
Another reason why you are currently dealing with 1073741515 error might be related to inappropriate software removal. Each application, especially the one that does not have a built-in uninstaller, has to be rooted out from Windows Registry. Otherwise, it leaves a bunch of related files that becomes cache.
Cached data should also be eliminated with the help of Reimage, so scan the system and fix System Error 1073741515 automatically. In case an automatic system scan did not help to fix 1073741515 error on Windows, try the following solutions.
Undo Windows the latest Windows update
If the error 1073741515 started harassing you right or soon after the installation of one of the latest Windows updates, try to uninstall the update. This fix applies for those who cannot open apps that belong to Microsoft, Photos app, Edge, Cortana, File Explorer, and similar,
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Open Update & Security tab.
- Click on the View installed update history link down below Check for updates button.
- On the new window, select Uninstall updates.
- Select the update which might have influenced PC's problems, click on it and select Uninstall.
NOTE: some of the Cumulative Updates containing patches for security vulnerabilities may not be allowed to remove.
Disable security software
The System Error 1073741515a might be the outcome of the software conflict. According to Windows users, they consider this bug to be related to Win10, BitDefender, and MBAE. Try to disable BitDefender or another antivirus you are using and check if the error reappears.
If that did not help, try a clean boot:
- Press Windows key + R, type msconfig, and press Enter.
- Once System Configuration window opens, switch to the Services tab.
- Mark Hide all Microsoft services box and select Disable all.
- Now open Startup tab and select Open Task Manager option.
- Mark all startup items and select Disable.
- After that, close Task Manager and press OK to save the changes.
- Restart the system.
Boot the system into Safe Mode with Networking
If you cannot launch anti-virus or run multiple programs on your PC, we would highly recommend you to boot the system into Safe Mode with Networking:
- Reboot your PC and press Shift + F8 on Windows startup screen.
- Then look for Repair this PC option and click it.
- Select Troubleshoot and opt for Advanced Options.
- Click Startup Settings option and select Safe Mode with Networking.
Windows 10 has an inbuilt Windows Recovery option. Although it's not the same as a fresh install or reinstalls, it's nearly them. Windows Recovery won't wipe your files out, though it will delete third part apps and terminate unnecessary processes. To perform Windows Reset, you should do the following:
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Select Update and Security and click Recovery.
- Click Get Started under Reset this PC.
- Select whether you want to keep your files or not and start resetting.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.