Issue: How to fix Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Windows?
Hello. My Windows computer is crashing almost every day. I found that the crashes are caused by Intel Rapid Storage Technology. What should I do to stop these constant crashes?
Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST), is a firmware-based RAID solution built into a wide range of Intel chipsets. As of 2020, it includes a RAID system capable of RAID levels 0, 1, 5, and 10, a block-level SSD caching accelerator (“Smart Response Technology”) with support for write-back and write-through modes for speed or data protection of any disk or RAID array, and support for intelligent caching, speedy recovery from certain issues, and for PCI Express based drives.
Some users have recently reported having issues caused by Intel Rapid Storage Technology. People say that it crashes their Windows devices constantly. While it is unknown what exactly causes RST to crash the Windows operating system, the problem could be related to corrupted system files or an outdated display driver.
In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Windows. However, keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process can be lengthy. If you want to avoid it, you can try using a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9. It can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Update Windows
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu
- Type Check For Updates
- Click on Check for Updates
- Install any available recommended updates
Solution 2. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 3. Reinstall Graphics Drivers
- Open Device Manager
- Expand Display adapters
- Right-click on your display adapter and select Uninstall device
- Check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device
- Click Uninstall
- After the process is finished restart your system
- You can also use a dedicated utility like DriverFix. It can find the best drivers for your machine and install them automatically
Solution 4. Use System Restore
System Restore allows users to reverse a Windows system to a previous point before any issues started occurring.
- Type in Create a System Restore Point in Windows search and hit Enter
- Click on System Restore
- Select Choose a different restore point (if available) and click Next
- Mark the Show more restore points checkbox
- Choose the date before you start experiencing the issue
- Click Next and reboot the system as required
Solution 5. Repair Install Windows
If none of the above methods worked, perform a repair install of Windows.
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select your USB drive
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.
- ^ Intel Rapid Storage Technology. ikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.