Issue: How to fix Microsoft Store error 0x80073CF9?
I can't update any of my Windows apps. I sometimes receive an error code 0x80073CF9, while other times, the “loading” button simply never stops loading. Anything I can do to fix this?
Microsoft Store, as a cornerstone of the Windows experience, offers a secure platform for downloading a vast array of applications. Despite its efficiency, users occasionally encounter issues, such as the Microsoft Store error 0x80073CF9. This error typically emerges when trying to update or install new apps, leading to an interruption in the seamless user experience that Microsoft strives to provide.
Understanding the Microsoft Store error 0x80073CF9 requires delving into several potential causes. One prominent factor could be glitches within the Store app itself. These malfunctions, possibly stemming from corrupt files or outdated software, can impede the app’s operation, triggering these issues.
Furthermore, the error may be linked to problems in Windows Update components. These components are integral to the Store’s functionality; thus, any issues within them can manifest as the error 0x80073CF9.
Another aspect to consider is storage capacity. The Microsoft Store error 0x80073CF9 can also occur if there's insufficient space on your device for app installations. This highlights the importance of regularly monitoring and managing device storage. Additionally, network connectivity plays a crucial role. A poor or unstable internet connection can disrupt the Store’s ability to communicate with Microsoft servers, potentially resulting in an error.
To fix the Microsoft Store error 0x80073CF9, you might check for any updates to the Store app and ensure your Windows system is current. Confirming your device has enough storage and a stable internet connection can also be beneficial steps. Addressing issues with Windows Update components may further aid in resolving the issue.
For a thorough resolution, consider employing PC repair software FortectMac Washing Machine X9. This app is adept at automatically detecting and fixing underlying issues in the Windows OS, offering a streamlined solution to the error 0x80073CF9.
Fix 1. Reset Microsoft Store cache
Resetting the Microsoft Store cache can resolve issues related to corrupt or outdated cache data that might be causing the error. This process refreshes the Store's cache, potentially eliminating any glitches or errors.
- Type wsreset.exe in Windows search and press Enter.
- Wait until a pop-up window shows up – do not close it.
- As soon as it closes automatically, the store cache should be reset and will reopen.
- Try updating or downloading apps again.
Fix 2. Run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
The Windows Store Apps troubleshooter is a built-in tool designed to automatically detect and fix common issues with the Microsoft Store and its apps.
- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select Additional troubleshooters/Other troubleshooters.
- Find Windows Store Apps from the list and select Run the troubleshooter/Run.
- Wait till the process is finished and apply the offered fixes.
Fix 3. Repair corrupted system files
System File Checker and Deployment Image Servicing and Management scans can repair corrupted system files that might be causing the Microsoft Store error.
- Type in cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click the Command Prompt result and pick Run as administrator.
- User Account Control will ask whether you want to allow changes – click Yes.
- Type this command and press Enter:
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- Then, use the following commands, pressing Enter after each:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Restart your PC.
Fix 4. Log out and back in
Logging out of your Microsoft account and logging back in can refresh your account settings and resolve issues related to account synchronization.
- Launch Microsoft Store.
- Click on your Profile picture and click Sign out.
- Restart your computer.
- Once back, open the Store again.
- Click on the user icon and select Sign in.
- Enter your username and password and see if that solves the problem.
Fix 5. Check time and date/region
Incorrect time, date, or region settings can lead to synchronization issues with the Microsoft Store, resulting in error 0x80073CF9.
- Type in Control Panel in Windows search and press Enter.
- Go to Clock and Region and click on Date and Time.
- Pick the Internet Time tab and select Change Settings.
- Make sure that Synchronize with an Internet time server box is ticked.
- Click Update now and OK.
Fix 6. Repair or reset the Microsoft Store
Repairing or resetting the Microsoft Store can resolve issues by restoring the app to its default state.
- Right-click on Start and select Apps & Features.
- Scroll down to find Microsoft Store and click Advanced options.
- Scroll down again and click Terminate and Repair.
- If that did not work, try using Reset.
Fix 7. Enable Microsoft Store Install Service
- Type Services in Windows search and press Enter.
- Locate Microsoft Store Install Service.
- If it is already running, right-click and select Restart.
- if the service is not running, double-click it, and pick Automatic under the Startup type from the drop-down menu.
- Click Start, Apply, and OK.
Fix 8. Reinstall the Store via PowerShell
Reinstalling the Microsoft Store can help fix deeper issues by completely refreshing the app.
- Type Powershell in Windows search.
- Right-click on Powershell and select Run as administrator.
- In the new window, copy and paste the following command, pressing Enter after:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore | Remove-AppxPackage
- With the next command, you can install the Store:
Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore*\AppxManifest.xml” -DisableDevelopmentMode
- Press Enter and close down PowerShell.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.