Issue: How to Fix Not Working Calendar App on Windows 10?
I have a problem with Windows 10 Calendar app. It stopped working all of a sudden, but returns no error messages. It simply doesn’t open. When I click on Calendar app available on the Start menu from my own account, it doesn’t start, but I’ve found out that it successfully opens when the system is logged into the other account on this PC.
Calendar app is one of the default Windows 10 apps. If comparing to the earlier Windows Calendar app versions, Calendar app in Windows 10 offers many innovations that allow people to plan the schedule, stay up-to-date on the email, add several accounts to connect all upcoming events, etc. It’s important to note that the Calendar app works only with online accounts and that it’s integrated with the Windows 10 Mail app. Therefore, to use Calendar app, you’ll have to sign in with Microsoft account. If you want to add several accounts, open Settings -> Accounts -> Add account. However, in this post, we are not going to concentrate on the Windows 10 Calendar app tips & tricks. Actually, we’d like to provide a couple of fixes that may help in case the Calendar app won’t open.
A Guide on How to Fix Not Working Calendar App on Windows 10
Corrupted Calendar app may ruin PC owner’s day totally. Such scenario is not very possible if the owner is not accustomed to using Calendar and does not create every day schedule on it. Otherwise, not working Calendar app may be a big problem. Luckily, the problems that trigger Calendar app error are usually not that big, so they can be fixed quite easily.
Method 1. Run Windows App Troubleshooter
- Press Windows key and type troubleshooting.
- Click Troubleshooting to open the troubleshooting window.
- Click View all button and open Windows Store Apps.
- Press Next and wait while the troubleshooting is scanning the system and fixing the problems.
- After all, reboot the system.
Method 2. Enable Windows Updates
If you remember disabling Windows Updates, we would recommend enabling them because turning of this useful function might have triggered Calendar app failure.
- Press Windows key and type services.
- Click on the Services option and find Windows Update service.
- Double-click it and open Properties.
- Set Startup type to Automatic.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Method 3. Update Calendar app
- Open Windows Store and click on your account profile image.
- Open Downloads and Updates option and click Check for Updates button.
- If any new app updates are found, select to install the ones for Mail and Calendar app.
- Finally, restart the system.
Method 4. Clear Windows Store cache
- Press Windows key + R, type wsreset.exe, and hit Enter.
- Now you should wait for Windows Store window to open. This means that cache has successfully been cleared.
Method 5. Reset the Calendar app
- Right-click Windows key and select Apps and Features.
- Find Mail and Calendar entry and click it.
- Select Advanced Options and click the Reset button.
- You should get a warning message saying: “This will permanently delete the app’s data on this device, including your preferences and sign-in details.”
- Click Reset to confirm the option and wait for the resetting to be finished.
Method 6. Re-install the Calendar app
If none of the fixes helped you to fix Calendar app not working, we would recommend reinstalling it. However, it’s important to stress the fact that reinstalling inbuilt apps is not that simple as selective apps. To do so, you’ll have to access an elevated Powershell and execute several commands on it. All informarion regarding removal of in-build apps is provided on this post.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.