Issue: How to fix photos downloading singly instead of in dated folder on Windows 10?
Hello. I cannot find downloaded files in the dated folder as it was common before. I downloaded images and wanted to see all of them in the folder with the date that they were created, but I only find those individual images. It was the automatic process before. I haven't changed any settings. Do you know what happened?
This photos downloading singly instead of in dated folder issue on Windows 10 is the problem that users complain about not having found any fixes for. It is because this is not the error message caused by some faulty update or malware infection, but the result of a change in the operating system functions.
The issue is occurring on Windows 10 because the rest update took away the function when the photos uploaded to the machine got to the folder. Now pieces go separately on the system, and files need to be found one by one once added. This downgrade triggers issues when users download photos from other devices like smartphones and cannot get the separate directory created based on when the images were taken.
This issue creates additional problems for organizing those photos, and people are not happy, so we have received many questions about this. as well as we have seen concerns in online forums. Some of the reports state that this is the OneDrive issue,, so it is unclear what the root cause is.
We have a few solutions for the download folder issue and for the problem with photos downloading singly instead of in a dated folder on Windows, so you can try to solve the problem with these methods. One of the quick solutions could be a scan on the machine using ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. This tool can help with corrupted files or virus damage problems with few easy steps.
If you encounter the particular downloads folder not responding Windows 10 problem, you can possibly fix it by restarting the File Explorer and solving issues there. We list all the steps and possible fixes for you, so rely on these methods and try a few techniques.
1. Run a System File checker
- Search CMD in the bar at the bottom.
- Hit Command Prompt and make sure to choose the option with administrator rights.
- Input DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.
- Enter sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt, and press the Enter key.
- The scan will probably take some time.
- Restart the system after that.
2. Adjust folder discovery settings
- Press the Windows logo and then the File Explorer button.
- Right-click the Downloads directory and choose Properties.
- Once there, choose Customize tab.
- Select General items from the drop-down menu.
- Then click the Also apply this template to all subfolders checkbox.
- Select the Apply option, and click OK to close the window.
3. Set the Always show icons option
- You can configure Explorer to show icons only by clicking its File tab and selecting Change folder and search options.
- Click the View tab shown directly below
- Select the Always show icons, never thumbnails option.
- Press Apply button.
- Click OK to close the Folder Options window.
4. Update OS
- Hit the Windows button.
- Select the Gear icon to open Settings.
- Choose Update & Security category.
- Click Windows update.
- Check for the latest updates.
- Install if any available.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.