Issue: How to fix PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR in Firefox?
Hello, I need help with the Firefox error. I cannot access various websites due to the PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR in the browser. I try to connect to the HTTPS server also and face the same error. The message states about secure connection failure. I need your help!
The issue with privacy and performance encourages people to for different browsers. The Mozilla Firefox web browsing application is one of the more common privacy-centric browsers. However, there are some issues with the web browsing tools as with any other app or system. The PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR is the issue that users encounter commonly.
Concerns with the issue occur because this problem occurs out of nowhere, and mainly, people have no idea why this is bothering them or how to solve the issue. The reason why the issue occurs is the failure of the Firefox connection to the HTTPS server. The request gets declined, and instead of the proper launch, the error message appears.
PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR in Firefox delivers the following pop-up or the message on the screen:
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown due because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
A common reason for the error is the Filtering of the TCP Protocol issues. If the temporary data clearing was done a while before, you might receive the error on the system. Sometimes, third-party applications like security tools and firewall apps can create conflict and lead to such an error.
This PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR in Firefox means that the issue is occurring in between the processes forcing the connection issues. You can sometimes solve the problem by altering settings or disabling some tools like AV apps or firewalls. Some of the anti-malware tools have particular features for protocol filtering by default, so the problem is triggered.
Infections or browser-based threats shouldn't be responsible for this problem, but tools used to fight intruders can lead to performance problems on various devices due to compatibility and additional processes or features. Since leftover files and possibly damaged data can cause this issue in Firefox, you might want to run the ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 tool for system clearing and restoration purposes. This is a quick way to repair problems.
Solution 1. Clear the browser cache
- On the upper-right corner of your Firefox browser, click the Hamburger icon or the Menu button.
- Select Option.
- Go to Privacy and Security.
- Navigate to Cookies and Data.
- Click the Clear Data button.
- Check the box next to Cached Web History.
- Click Clear/OK.
Solution 2. Disable your VPN server
- If you are using the VPN client you might want to check this preference and see if the issue gets solved.
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Go to Programs or Programs and Features.
- Look for the VPN you are using.
- Click the VPN client.
- Select Uninstall.
Solution 3. Remove the Proxy server
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialogue box.
- Type ms-settings:network-proxy inside the text box and press Enter to open up the Proxy tab.
- The Settings app.
- Move down to the Manual Proxy Setup section.
- Navigate to the right-hand section of the screen and disable the toggle associated with the Use a proxy server.
- Restart your computer and wait for the operation to complete.
- Check if the issue occurs.
Solution 4. Disable Firefox extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu.
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select the unwanted plugin and click Remove.
Solution 5. Disable Firewall
- Search Windows Defender Firewall from the Start menu.
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall On or Off from the left menu bar
- Select the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option under both the Public and Private network.
- Click on OK and restart your PC.
- See if it fixes the Firefox issue.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.