Issue: How to fix Rtwlane02.sys Blue Screen in Windows?
Hello. I was playing a game when my computer completely crashed. A blue screen error showed Rtwlane02.sys and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA errors. How do I fix it?
A Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error is a critical system error that causes the operating system to shut down unexpectedly. When this error occurs, the system displays a blue screen with an error message, and often the user is unable to use the computer until the problem is resolved.
Rtwlane02.sys is a system file associated with Realtek Wireless LAN Driver, which is a driver that provides support for the wireless network adapter on a computer. When the Rtwlane02.sys file encounters an error or becomes corrupted, it can cause a Blue Screen to occur with a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error message.
This problem can have an impact on users by causing their computers to crash frequently, resulting in data loss, interrupted work, and decreased productivity. Furthermore, if the wireless network adapter is affected, users may experience a slower internet connection or may be unable to connect to the internet at all.
Users can try updating or reinstalling the drivers to resolve this issue. They can also run a system scan with a reputable anti-malware program to look for viruses or malware that may be causing the problem. This guide contains 6 steps that should help you resolve this BSOD.
However, if you want to avoid a lengthy troubleshooting process, you can use a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues automatically. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Solution 1. Install Windows Updates
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box.
- Type ms-settings:windowsupdate in the text box and press Enter.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- If a new update is available, click the Download & Install all button.
- Restart your computer after the process is finished and check to see if the problem is fixed.
Solution 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 3. Update Drivers
Outdated drivers could be the cause of this issue. In this case, you can fix it automatically by using DriverFix, which will scan your PC for missing and out-of-date device drivers. Or you can update them manually:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- Click the View optional updates option.
- Click the Driver updates tab.
- Select the driver you want to update.
- Click the Download and install button.
If the View optional updates link is not available after checking for updates, then Windows Update does not have any new drivers or any updates for other products at that particular time.
Solution 4. Run a Malware Scan
It is possible that a malware infection may be the cause of Rtwlane02.sys Blue Screen in Windows. It is important to run a comprehensive security scan to rule out this possibility and ensure that the computer is not infected. This can help to prevent further issues with the Windows operating system and ensure that it is functioning properly.
If you have access to a security scanner, or if your organization pays for one, you can use it to scan your entire system to check for a virus infection. Otherwise, you can use Windows Defender to scan your system:
- Click on the Windows Start menu or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type Microsoft Defender in the search bar and click on Microsoft Defender Antivirus to open the application.
- Click on the Virus & threat protection option in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Quick scan or Full scan option, depending on your preference.
- If you choose Quick scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan the most vulnerable and commonly infected areas of your computer.
- If you choose Full scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan your entire computer, including all files, folders, and programs.
- Click on the Scan now button to start the selected scan type and wait for the scan to complete.
- The time it takes will depend on the size of your hard drive and the number of files being scanned.
- Once the scan is complete, you will be informed of any detected threats, and you can choose to quarantine or remove them.
- If no threats are found, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will inform you that your device is secure.
Solution 5. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type SystemPropertiesProtection and press Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab.
- You will see the System Restore… button. Click it to run System Restore.
- Follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Solution 6. Repair Install Windows
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 or Windows 10 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC.
- Select your USB drive.
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive.
- Click Finish.
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer.
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe.
- Accept the license terms on the next screen.
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept.
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Technology Magazine.
- ^ Emma Collins. What Are PC Drivers and Why Do You Need Them?. Onlinetechtips. Computer Tips.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.