Issue: How to fix the Photos app not working in Windows?
Hello. When I try opening photos with the Photos app in Windows it won't work. How do I fix this?
The default tool for viewing, organizing, and manipulating images and videos is the built-in Photos app in the Windows operating system. It is an easy-to-use platform created to give people a practical way to access and manage their multimedia material. The Photos app also has fundamental editing tools that let users make quick changes to their photos and videos, such cropping, rotating, and adding filters.
However, problems with the Photos app may interfere with the smooth operation of Windows. Users frequently complain about the Photos app not functioning properly. This problem may show up in a variety of ways, such as program crashes, stalling, or error warnings when opening or editing photographs and videos. It can be frustrating for users if the app takes a long time to open or doesn't respond to their commands, especially if they need to immediately access or share their media assets.
Users who depend on the Photos app to manage their visual assets, especially those who use it for professional or personal purposes, may have substantial consequences if it malfunctions. When trying to access multimedia content stored on their Windows device, it might impede workflows, delay the sharing of crucial photographs or films, and be inconvenient. Additionally, the aggravation brought on by the app's dysfunction may have a negative effect on how satisfied a user is with Windows overall.
Users can try a number of solutions to fix problems with the Photos app, including updating, resetting, or fixing it with PowerShell commands. Compatibility problems can also be resolved by checking for Windows updates and making sure the device's graphics drivers are current. It's important to remember, though, that different solutions may be effective depending on the root of the issue.
In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix Photos app not working in Windows. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- In the System tab, scroll down and click on Troubleshoot.
- Next, open Other troubleshooters.
- Scroll down to Windows Store Apps and click the Run button.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to scan and fix any issues.
- If required, follow the on-screen instructions to apply any recommended changes.
Solution 2. Install Updates
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to the Windows Update section.
- Click Check for updates and wait.
- Go to the Advanced options and install optional updates.
- Reboot your system.
Solution 3. Reset the Photos App
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type ms-settings: and click OK to open Settings.
- Next, open the Apps tab in the left pane.
- Click on the Apps & features option.
- Now, locate the Microsoft Photos app. You can either perform a search or scroll through the app list to find it.
- Click the three-dots menu beside the Photos app and select Advanced options.
- Scroll down and click on the Reset button. Then, click the Reset button once more to confirm the action.
- To Repair the Photos app, go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps and features. Here, locate the Photos app.
- Then, click the three-dots menu next to it and select Advanced options.
- Next, scroll down and click the Repair button to begin the process. If successful, a checkmark will appear next to the Repair button.
Solution 4. Disable OneDrive Cloud-Only Content
- Launch the Photos app and wait for it to load.
- Next, click the three-dot menu at the top left corner and select Settings.
- Toggle the switch for Show my cloud-only contents from OneDrive and set it to Off.
- Close and open the Photos app, and it should load faster than before.
Solution 5. Reinstall the Photos App
- Press the Windows key, and type powershell.
- Right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator from the search result.
- In the PowerShell window, type the following command to view a list of all installed apps:
- Next, locate the Microsoft.Windows.Photos package from the list. To find the app, right-click on the PowerShell toolbar and select Edit > Find. Type Microsoft.Windows.Photos and hit enter to locate the app. Then, copy the PackageFullName for the Photos app. In this case, it looks something like this:
- To uninstall the app, enter the following command, using the copied PackageFullName:
- The FullPackageName (app version) changes with every new update the Windows app receives. So, it is important to find and use the correct FullPackageName to uninstall the app.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.