Issue: How to fix Windows 10 synchronization 0x8500201d error?
Lately, Windows 10 stopped synchronizing with the email accounts. I tried managing the synchronization settings but no improvements so far. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
Windows 10 synchronization error 0x8500201d often occurs when attempting to synchronize Outlook. Users might encounter such a message which says that something went wrong and that the application fails to synchronize at that moment. This phenomenon might have caused by the recent Outlook update.
Additionally, some users, who installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update, might have run into such notification as well. Others reported that the integrated Mail, which manages your email account, started also to display 0x8500201d error. Therefore, you might have attempted to reset the settings.
Like many other similar problems, there are solutions to this one as well. If your efforts did not bring wanted results, take a look at our recommended methods. Windows 10 synchronization error 0x8500201d might be fixed by using the following techniques or you can try scanning the entire system for possible issues with reputable antimalware.
How to fix Windows 10 synchronization error “0x8500201d”?
Option 1: Add your Outlook account again
In order to empower the synchronization, you might need to delete the added Outlook account and then add the same again. This option might also work on you encounter the same message in Mail.
- Locate the mail program.
- Enter Settings.
- Click the Manage Accounts button.
- Choose your account and delete it.
- Open the mail application and add the account again.
Option 2. An alternative way to manage the account
There is also a bit different way to synchronize the account. The initial steps are the same.
1. Launch the app and navigate to Settings.
2. Later on, click on Add account. Type correct credentials and add the account.
3. Launch the Mail app and choose Settings. Then, navigate to Manage Accounts and select your account. Click Disable Contact sync there. After completing these steps, exit the program and launch it again. The synchronization should work again.
Option 3. Troubleshoot the operating system
If the above-mentioned solutions did not help, it is likely that the problem lies not in the very applications. Errors in Microsoft servers might be the cause of this occurrence and synchronization failure. Besides using the integrated functions of troubleshooting, you can also check your system for possibly missing files with Reimage.
Option 4. Clean boot your computer system
If the previous methods were not found successful in the removal of error 0x8500201d, you can try the following instructing steps and perform a clean boot for your machine:
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- Launch Search and type in “msconfig”.
- Choose the option that says “System Configuration”.
- Access the Services tab.
- Select the checkbox near Hide all Microsoft services.
- Afterward, go to Startup tab and open your Task Manager tool.
- Enter the Startup tab in your Task Manager and click Disable for all items placed there.
- Save changes in System Configuration by selecting OK.
- After you finish these actions, restart your computer.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.