Issue: How to Fix Windows Defender Error Code 0x800106ba on Windows 10?
Windows Defender throws an error code 0x800106ba. It won’t finish the full scan, but instead of that is gets disabled and needs to be restarted manually. I’ve noticed that this has started a couple of days when I installed Build 10130. What could be the matter? Is it possible for me to fix the issue manually? I would highly appreciate any help!
Windows Defender is a professional anti-virus program, which has been manufactured by Microsoft and comes in a Windows 8 and 10 software pack by default. While formerly it functioned as an anti-spyware in the past, Microsoft has improved it significantly and transformed it into a powerful anti-virus, which, according to AV-TEST, features a 95,4% virus detection rate. Unfortunately, Windows Defender often fails to work due to various reasons.
Recently people reported a Windows Defender error code 0x800106ba. The bug check is thrown while Windows Defender is set to perform a full system scan, but then it stops from scanning at some point delivers an error and then gets disabled automatically. In most of the cases, the problem appears due to the conflict with security software, for example, Avast, Norton, Malwarebytes, and other antimalware programs.
Thus, if you receive the error 0x800106ba, we would highly recommend terminating any type of third-party antimalware that you have on your computer. Even better, you should consider removing it completely from your Windows computer. If, however, you are not using additional anti-virus or anti-malware, it might be that the bug was triggered by a recently installed Windows Defender update, but the Windows Defender firewall remains out-of-date.
This may happen if the PC user does not have the applicable permission needed for the update or some files of the update were missing or damaged. Luckily, there are some methods that you can try to fix Windows Defender Error 0x800106ba. Below we have provided multiple techniques some of which might appear to be really helpful while dealing with such problem. You have to complete all the steps exactly as shown in order to reach the best results possible.
How to Fix Windows Defender Error Code 0x800106ba?
Method 1. Set Windows Defender to Automatic
If your Windows Defender is set it to Disabled or Manual, try to set it to Automatic. For this purpose, you have to:
- Click Windows key, type services, and select Services from the list.
- Find Windows Defender and double-click it.
- Select Startup type and set it to Automatic.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Method 2. Reinstall Windows Defender
Sometimes uninstalling and repeatedly installing the troubling app might help to bring its natural function back. You can try to do the same with your Windows Defender program if you have been experiencing the Windows Defender Error Code 0x800106ba on your Windows computer. Learn how to achieve such goal by completing the following steps:
- Click Windows key + R, type appwiz.cpl, and press Enter.
- Select Windows Defender and click Remove.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Windows Defender.
- Finally, open the Settings app by clicking Windows key + I.
- Select Update & Security and click Check for Updates.
- Let the system to find available updates and install all of them.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Method 3. Submit your diagnostic logs
- Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- If a UAC opens, click Yes to continue.
- Type cd “\\Program Files\\Windows Defender” and press Enter.
- Then type MpCmdRun.exe -GetFiles and press Enter.
- Then you will have to submit MpSupportFiles.cab file through malware submission portal:
- Open the submission page and click Sign in.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Then get back to the submission page and click Browse.
- Locate the MpSupportFiles.cab file as described at the bottom of the command prompt window.
- Then click OK to attach the file to the submission form.
- In the comment box type “Diagnostic logs for MSE error code: 0x800106ba”.
- Click Windows Defender in the Product menu, check if all other fields are correct and press Submit sample.
If none of the methods helped, our last recommendation would be to use a System Restore Point. Besides, if the 0x800106ba error started emerging after the latest update, try to withdraw the update and check if the problem disappears. Alternatively, you can try downloading and installing a system tool such as Reimage if there is some type of system corruption or another automatical problem that you are not capable of fixing yourself.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: