Issue: How to fix “Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing”?
Hello. I have encountered “Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing” error message on my Windows 10 device. I cannot properly connect to the Internet due to this issue. This is related to the registry? I am afraid to change things there and damage anything else. Can I do something myself?
“Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing” error seems to be one of many Windows Update issues because users started complaining about the message that occurs once they upgrade Windows 10 devices. Windows sockets is a programming interface that manages incoming and outgoing network requests on devices that run Windows operating systems.
Windows sockets, also known as Winsock creates the error “Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing” when the needed registry entries get corrupted or missing. If requests are not processed by Winsock, an internet connection will not work entirely. Users thought that some updates of Windows 10 could resolve network issues, but they are still occurring to this day.
Even though Troubleshooting issues can indicate “Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing” error, there are no chances that Windows troubleshooter automatically could fix these problems for you. However, you can determine what triggers the issue and try to go from there.
It possible that one or more network protocols are missing on the computer, so this issue occurs. Also, the reason for “Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing” can possibly be the upper-mentioned registry keys. Since the error may appear only after the Windows OS update, you can try to upgrade again and fix the error. Also, we have full silt of methods for you. "Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" is related to Winsock registry entries.
How to fix “Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing”
The good news for the ones that want to fix “Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing” error is that this is not an essential issue that cannot be repaired eventually. You may need to repair corrupted entries and modify different parts to get the issue solved. You can automatically fix such file corruption issues with RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 that manages to find and repair various Windows system files. You may need some serious troubleshooting sessions and modify different things, but make sure to go through suggestions below and try at least a few methods before giving up.
Run the Network Diagnostic Troubleshooter
- In the system tray, right-click the network connection icon.
- Choose Troubleshoot problems and follow the instructions.
Reset Windows Sockets to fix “Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing” error
- Open Command prompt with administrator rights
- Then in the window type
- netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
- and press Enter to launch each of the commands.
Remove and reinstall TCP/IP Protocol
- Click Start button and type Run to open the window.
- Type in regedit snd press Enter.
- Locate key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services and right-click, delete the entire Winsock key, and the Winsock2.
- Login as Admin and find Network and Sharing Center in the control panel.
- Right-click Local Area Connection and click Properties.
- Click Install under the “This Component Uses the Following Items” dialog box.
- Click protocol and Add.
- Click Have Disk.
Fix "Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" error by changing IP settings.
- In the Copy Manufacture's files from box, type C:\\windows\\inf and then click OK.
- Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then OK.
- Reboot your computer.
Update adapter drivers to fix “Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing”
- Open Device Manager.
- Scroll to Network adapters and expand the menu.
- The first ethernet adapter is the one that needs to be reinstalled.
- Right-click and choose Properties.
- Then Uninstall and confirm.
Updating adapter drivers can help with the issue of Winsock files missing.
- Reboot the system then and try to connect.
- Go to Internet Options and navigate to the Connections tab.
- Click LAN settings there and check the Proxy server section.
- Makes rue Use a proxy server for your LAN is not checked.
Follow the guide and uncheck the proxy usage for LAN.
- OK to save.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ How to reset Windows Sockets for network connectivity.. Microsoft. Answers to Windows issues.
- ^ Matt Hanson. New Windows 10 problem could make your PC slower to boot – so apply this fix now. Techradar. IT news and reviews.
- ^ Winsock. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.