Issue: How to Fix Windows Store Error Code 0x80073cf0?
I don’t know why, but for some reason I cannot log into the Windows Store anymore. If I manage to login somehow, when I try to download any application, the Store shows an error code 0x80073cf0. I’m running Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Thanks!
0x80073cf0 is an error code which might appear when trying to download or update applications from Windows Store. Usually, it appears on Windows 10, or Windows 8/8.1 operating systems and might even prevent you from using Windows Store at all.
The error code 0x80073cf0 is delivered along with the following message:
Something happened and this app couldn't be installed. Please try again. Error code: 0x80073cf0
Even though it is hard to identify the main reason why users encounter 0x80073cf0 error, IT experts suggest that Windows Store was interrupted and couldn't download the essential files for the application. This might have happened due to the Internet connection issues.
As the Windows Store starts the download in C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution\\DeliveryOptimization folder, only a part of the file is downloaded. When trying to restart the download, Windows Store uses cached file which is invalid and displays error code 0x80073cf0.
It is assumed that this Windows Store inconsistency may be triggered by store cache, incompletely downloaded applications, Windows Update failure, and similar issues. Luckily, our experts have come up with multiple ways how to fix error code 0x80073cf0. You can find the detailed instructions below.
Learn how to fix error code 0x80073cf0 in Windows Store
Even though you can fix 0x80073cf0 Windows Store error manually, there is also an automatic solution. For that, you should run a full system scan with a professional system optimization software to eliminate Windows errors and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) automatically. We recommend using Reimage or a similar program.
This video will provide you with methods required for fixing this problem:
Technique 1. Restart Windows Updates
- Click Win key and type cmd.
- Right-click on the search results and select Run as Administrator.
- When the elevated Command Prompt window opens, type net stop wuauserv, and press Enter.
- Wait for the command to be executed, but don’t close the window yet.
- After that, type rename c:\\windows\\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old command, and press Enter again.
- Finally, type net start wuauserv, and hit Enter.
- Once you’re done, close Command Prompt window and reboot your PC.
Technique 2. Use Services Tool
- Click Win key + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.
- Locate Windows Update, right-click it, and select Stop.
- After that, open Windows folder and navigate to the partition where Windows OS is located.
- Open it and delete all files that are stored in SoftwareDistributionOpen.
- Once done, open Services tool as explained above, right-click Windows Update, and select Start.
- Reboot the PC and try to login to Windows Store.
Technique 3. Remove Cache
- Click Win key + R, type WSReset.exe, and hit Enter.
- When you will be shown a Command Prompt and Windows Store windows, it means that Windows Store cache has been successfully cleaned.
- Then reboot your PC.
Technique 4. Run Registry Repair
- Open Start, type Change Advanced Startup Options, and click on the results.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Restart now to boot your PC in an Advanced startup mode.
- Choose Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options.
- Select Startup Repair and wait for the system to restart.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.