Issue: How to Fix Windows Store Error Code 0x80073cf0?
I don’t know why, but for some reason I cannot log into the Windows Store anymore. If I manage to login somehow, when I try to download any application, the Store shows an error code 0x80073cf0. I’m running Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Thanks!
0x80073cf0 is an error code which might appear when trying to download or update applications from Windows Store. Usually, it appears on Windows 10, or Windows 8/8.1 operating systems and might even prevent you from using Windows Store at all.
The error code 0x80073cf0 is delivered along with the following message:
Something happened and this app couldn't be installed. Please try again. Error code: 0x80073cf0
Even though it is hard to identify the main reason why users encounter 0x80073cf0 error, IT experts suggest that Windows Store was interrupted and couldn't download the essential files for the application. This might have happened due to the Internet connection issues.
As the Windows Store starts the download in C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution\\DeliveryOptimization folder, only a part of the file is downloaded. When trying to restart the download, Windows Store uses cached file which is invalid and displays error code 0x80073cf0.
Code 0x80073cf0 is an error which might appear when trying to install or update Windows Store apps.
It is assumed that this Windows Store inconsistency may be triggered by store cache, incompletely downloaded applications, Windows Update failure, and similar issues. Luckily, our experts have come up with multiple ways how to fix error code 0x80073cf0. You can find the detailed instructions below.
Learn how to fix error code 0x80073cf0 in Windows Store
Even though you can fix 0x80073cf0 Windows Store error manually, there is also an automatic solution. For that, you should run a full system scan with a professional system optimization software to eliminate Windows errors and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) automatically. We recommend using FortectMac Washing Machine X9 or a similar program.
This video will provide you with methods required for fixing this problem:
Technique 1. Restart Windows Updates
- Click Win key and type cmd.
- Right-click on the search results and select Run as Administrator.
Use command prompt commands to fix 0x80073cf0 error on Windows.
- When the elevated Command Prompt window opens, type net stop wuauserv, and press Enter.
- Wait for the command to be executed, but don’t close the window yet.
- After that, type rename c:\\windows\\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old command, and press Enter again.
- Finally, type net start wuauserv, and hit Enter.
- Once you’re done, close Command Prompt window and reboot your PC.
Technique 2. Use Services Tool
- Click Win key + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.
- Locate Windows Update, right-click it, and select Stop.
- After that, open Windows folder and navigate to the partition where Windows OS is located.
You can fix 0x80073cf0 error by deleting all files in SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Open it and delete all files that are stored in SoftwareDistributionOpen.
- Once done, open Services tool as explained above, right-click Windows Update, and select Start.
- Reboot the PC and try to login to Windows Store.
Technique 3. Remove Cache
- Click Win key + R, type WSReset.exe, and hit Enter.
Clear cache from Windows Store by running specific commands.
- When you will be shown a Command Prompt and Windows Store windows, it means that Windows Store cache has been successfully cleaned.
- Then reboot your PC.
Technique 4. Run Registry Repair
- Open Start, type Change Advanced Startup Options, and click on the results.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Restart now to boot your PC in an Advanced startup mode.
You can run automatic startup repair to get rid of 0x80073cf0 error from Windows Store.
- Choose Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options.
- Select Startup Repair and wait for the system to restart.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.