Issue: How to Fix Windows Store Error Code 0x80131500?
Hello, Various apps were not working on my previous build of Windows, so I upgraded. Now I have a problem with the Windows store. How can I fix error code 0x80131500 on Windows Store? It doesn’t let me to download apps I need. I would highly appreciate any help.
Error code 0x80131500 on Windows Store, unfortunately, is only one of many error codes that affect usage of the store and keeps you away from downloading and updating your applications. Users experienced these issues on Windows 8, to 8.1 and Windows 10 build.
It’s difficult to stick to the best apps, recent innovations, and other conveniences that are compatible with the type of your Operating system without Windows Store. Unfortunately, but Windows 10 often throws Windows Store errors, which is why there thousands of unsatisfied users with the latest updates.
This time, people have informed about 0x80131500 error, which either prevents people from downloading preferred apps or prevents Windows Store from launching. Although Win 10 is most frequently affected, other types, including Win 7, 8, 8.1, XP, and Vista, can also be affected.
Since Microsoft hasn’t acknowledged this issue and did not provide with the fixes, people have been struggling quite a long time since they came up with a proper solution. The error code 0x80131500 can be fixed but since it appears in various instances and on different occasions the first thing you need to at least guess what is the cause of this error. Then think about the possibility of cyber infections or hardware issues and try following our tips and methods of fixing the issue with the Windows Store.
Fixing Windows Store Error Code 0x80131500 methods
Our highest recommendation first, would be to install a reputable PC optimization tool like Reimage and run a scan with it. It might be that 0x80131500 error is caused by corrupted registries, malware, missing dll files or any other system-related inconsistency. Therefore, a PC optimization tool would help you to fix this bug. If that is not the case, follow our guides below and try a few methods, at least to make sure the error is not occurring.
Fix 1. Clean Windows Store cache
- Click Win key + R, type WSReset.exe in the run dialogue box, and press Enter.
- When the Command Prompt and Windows Store window open in tandem, it means that the cache has been removed.
- Now you just have to restart your PC, navigate to Windows Store, and try to download/update a preferred app.
Fix 2. Reset your regional settings
- Open Settings and select Time & Language.
- After that, select Region & Language and click Add a Language under Language heading.
- Select the English (United States)/ (United Kingdom).
- After that, click on Options and hit Download button.
- Once you’re done, go to the previous page and select Speech.
- Under Speech-language, opt for the language (English (United States)/ (United Kingdom)) that you’ve previously selected and then close everything.
- Finally, restart your PC.
It is the best to set United States, Canada or UK as the region. If your region has been changed for some reason, make sure that you reset it.
Fix 3. Create a new user account
- Navigate to Settings – Accounts – Family & other users.
- Scroll down and find Other users option.
- Click on Add someone else to this PC.
- Opt for I don’t have this person’s sign-in information and then select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.