Issue: How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 80244019 on Windows?
Hello, I have a problem with my computer. I am using Windows 8.1 OS, and I always get Error Code 80244019 when trying to update Windows. I’ve tried everything, but nothing helps me to bypass this error. Can you help me to fix Error Code 80244019?
There are various reasons why you might have to face Windows Update Error Code 80244019 notification. It mostly annoys users of Windows 10/8.1/8 OS. The problem can be associated with Microsoft server, but it can also occur due to problems with your computer system and the configuration of it. However, this time it seems that the error arises from problems with your computer because if the issue is related to Microsoft server, the Windows Update Error Code 80244019 fixes automatically within a couple of hours. Below, we will provide a couple of methods that usually help users solve the Error 80244019 issue. Let’s not waste any more time and solve this problem:
How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 80244019 on Windows?
Method 1. Easiest way to solve Error Code 80244019 issue
It doesn’t matter what kind of issue with Windows Updates you encounter, you have to check one thing first. Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS), also Windows Update service, must be running. To run them, do the following:
- Press Windows Key on your keyboard as well as X key at the same time.
- Click on Command Prompt (Admin) – this way, you will open Command Prompt with administrator rights.
- In the Command Prompt, type in “net start BITS” and push Enter.
- After completing Step 3, type another line in CMD: “net start wuauserv” and push Enter again.
After completing these steps, try to check for a Windows Update again. In case the problem persists, proceed to the next method.
Method 2. Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
If you have completed steps described in Method 1, and the problem persists, we suggest trying this method first. Windows OS offers various Troubleshooters that can help you to fix problems in a certain OS field. For the problem with Error Code 80244019, you can use Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Get Windows Update Troubleshooter from official Microsoft’s website.
- Open WindowsUpdateDiagnostic file that you have just downloaded.
- Just click Next button and wait until the software diagnoses the problem. It will show you the problem and will tell you whether it was solved or not.
If the troubleshooter fails to fix the problem and you still get the Error Code 80244019 alert when trying to update Windows, try the next method.
Method 3. Turn on Data Execution Prevention.
This method helps to solve the issue for the majority of users who encounter Error Code 80244019 problem. If Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is not turned on, you will need to turn it on. This is how you can do it:
- Right-click on This PC and then select Properties. An alternative method to access this panel is to follow this route: Start Menu > Control Panel > System and Security > System.
- Click on Advanced System Settings. This will open System Properties Dialog.
- Select Settings from Performance Section. Next, open Data Execution Prevention Tab.
- Here, put a checkmark on “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only” option.
- Select Apply, then OK. Reboot your PC.
After restarting your PC, try to update Windows. The issue should be solved.
Method 4. Reject Update other Microsoft products preference
Here is yet another option that can help you go past Error Code 80244019.
- Hover your mouse to the right side of your screen to open Charms bar. Open Settings.
- Select Change PC Settings.
- Select Update and Recovery.
- Click on Choose how updates get installed. Here, uncheck “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows” option.
- Click Apply and, ideally, restart your PC. After restarting the PC, try to install Windows Update again.
If you still encounter issues, we suggest trying one of these programs: Reimage or RegCure Pro. They might help you to solve unknown problems that are making the barrier for the Windows Update to be installed. Sometimes, only a few tweaks in the computer system can help to get rid of much bigger problems, so we definitely recommend trying one of these programs to resolve Error Code 80244019 issue automatically.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.