Issue: How to restore data on the new iPhone from an older device?
Hello. I have bought a new iPhone and already set it up. Unfortunately, I need data from my older smartphone. Could you please help me to set up a new iPhone by restoring data from an older device? Thank you very much!
Even though there is a possibility to transfer the information from the older iPhone to your new device, many people do not take advantage of this function. Usually, people are aware how to set up a new smartphone with older contents when it is still not running. However, once it is already set up and doesn't have the information from the previous device, users just give up.
First of all, to restore data on the new iPhone from your older device, you must have a backup copy. People can choose between using iCloud backups directly on their iPhone or connecting the smartphone to the computer and using backing up the device with iTunes.
If you wonder what's the difference, there is none. However, we would like to ask you to be extremely attentive since skipping steps might lead to data loss. For this reason, follow the instructions below and learn how to set up a new iPhone by restoring it from an older device.
Restore data on the new iPhone from an older device
As we have already mentioned, before transmitting content from the previous iPhone to the new one, you must backup your device. Those who are not aware how to do that can follow the guide below.
Method 1. Restore information on the device using iCloud
Step 1. Back up your older iPhone with iCloud
- Go to Settings on your iPhone;
- Click on iCloud and select Backup;
- Make sure that the Backup is on and press Back Up Now.
Step 2. Use the iCloud backup to transmit the information to the new iPhone
- Put the SIM card from the previous to the current device;
- Turn it one and continue with the setup procedure;
- Once you are asked how you would like to set up the iPhone, select Restore from iCloud Backup;
- You will be asked to sign in to the iCloud account;
- Use the same one you have used then backing up your older device;
- Select the back up you would like to use and proceed with the setup.
Method 2. Set up an iPhone by restoring data from the previous device with iTunes
Step 1. Make backups of your information with iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to the computer;
- Open iTunes and select the icon of your device;
- On the bottom-right corner, click Back Up Now.
Step 2. Set up the device from iTunes backup
- Switch the SIM card from an older to the new smartphone;
- Turn it on and proceed with the setup process;
- When you are asked how to set up the device, select Restore from iTunes backup;
- Connect the iPhone to the computer where you have stored the backup;
- Open iTunes and select Restore Backup;
- Choose the Backup you have just made or the one you would prefer.
Recover files and other system components automatically
To recover your files and other system components, you can use free guides by ugetfix.com experts. However, if you feel that you are not experienced enough to implement the whole recovery process yourself, we recommend using recovery solutions listed below. We have tested each of these programs and their effectiveness for you, so all you need to do is to let these tools do all the work.
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.