Issue: How to uninstall AVG Web TuneUp?
For some reason, I cannot uninstall AVG Web Tuneup completely from the device. I still see the symbol of this extension on the browser.
AVG Web Tuneup operates as a security software which is designed to guard computer users against virtual threats. Malware creators are picking up their speed in developing more destructive threats, IT experts are also trying to keep up with latest counterattack technologies. The application focuses on securing netizens during the browsing sessions. It emphasizes the features which are able to protect from covert malware lurking on the websites. However, there are also disadvantages of this program which might want you to uninstall the program. In 2015, the Google security officially warned the AVG software creators to fix critical flaws in the software which, on the contrary, exposes users‘ browsing data online. Crooks might have exploited such vulnerabilities for easily hijacking browsers. The company attempted to fix the deficiency. Additionally, ordinary users report getting certain difficulties while uninstalling the app. Reimage helps you to remove it. Since this program injects AVG Web Tuneup extension and it is offered mainly for IE and Firefox users, here are the removal guides:
Option 1. Remove it from Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser. Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and choose Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Select AVG Web TuneUp and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Afterward, it would be better to reset Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter Firefox menu and click on the question mark in the top left corner. Choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Choose to reset Firefox to its default state and then click Reset Firefox.
Option 2. Delete the extension from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer. Click on the gear icon on the top right corner and select Manage Add-ons.
- In the new window, locate AVG Web Tuneup and click Disable.
- In order to revert to the previous search engine, click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Delete unwanted URL and enter preferable web page URL name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Enter Advanced tab and choose Reset. In the new window, check Delete personal settings and choose Reset again to complete AVG Web Tuneup elimination.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions: