Issue: How to Uninstall Avira Free Antivirus 2016?
I have a free version of Avira Free Antivirus 2016. I am not sure if it works properly, so I would have to uninstall it. The problem is that it resists all my attempts to completely remove it. If possible, provide step-by-step tutorial in a comprehensive manner. Thanks!
Avira Free Antivirus 2016 is one of the leading anti-malware software on the market. It protects both personal and non-personal information stored on PC, keeps it from malware/virus attacks, uses minimal system resources, remove existing malware easily, and perform lots of other tasks to ensure safe browsing. Avira Free Antivirus 2016 database includes 30 millions of threats for now and is constantly filled with the new ones. There is a free and paid version of this anti-malware. Thus, if you think that it’s enough for you to have a basic anti-malware system, then free Avira version may be enough. Nevertheless, security specialists recommend purchasing a full/paid version of this anti-virus in order to see its best performance.
Despite all the pros that Avira Free Antivirus 2016 exhibits, there are some negative traits that make people uninstall it. At the moment, some users claim that Avira mistreats some files/apps as viruses even if they are not. Besides, there are some wrong updates released, which is why the software can’t be updated properly. Whatever the reason you decided to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus 2016, it’s very important to do that properly. Otherwise, you may experience the following inconveniences:
- Avira may run in the background of the system;
- Furthermore initiate system scans and deliver pop-ups;
- It may block other anti-virus software;
- Slow down the system;
- Cause system errors;
Thus, to save yourself from aforementioned issues, make sure that you remove Avira Free Antivirus 2016 completely. The easiest way to do so is to install Perfect Uninstaller and get rid of the software automatically. Nevertheless, we have also prepared manual removal guidelines in case you prefer fixing issues using your own hands.
How to Remove Avira Free Antivirus 2016?
The guide down below explains how to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus 2016 on Windows 7, 8, and 10.
Uninstall Avira Free Antivirus on Windows 7:
- Click on the Windows logo (bottom left) to open Start menu. Select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Find Avira Free Antivirus and Avira Launch, click on them and select Uninstall. The process will automatically finish.
- After that, close the Control Panel. Open start menu and type regedit in the search box. Now you should see Windows Registry Editor.
- Unfold HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software folder and delete Avira folder.
- Restart the PC.
Uninstall Avira Free Antivirus on Windows 8:
- Click on This PC on the desktop. Here locate and click Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall program under Programs.
- Find Avira Free Antivirus 2016 and Avira Launcher on the list and remove them both.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the desktop and open charms bar. Type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
- When the Windows Registry Editor opens, look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Avira folder, right-click on it and select Remove.
- Reboot your PC.
Uninstall Avira Free Antivirus on Windows 10:
- Click on Start button (bottom left corner) and select Settings.
- Click System, and then select Apps & features.
- As soon as the list of programs opens, find Avira Free Antivirus 2016 and Avira Launch, and select Uninstall.
- After that, click on the Start button and type regedit in the search box.
- Once the Windows Registry Editor is open, go through all the programs on the list and find Avira. Right click on it and select Delete.
- Click Yes on the confirmation window.
- Reboot the system.
Although these steps are quite easy, Avira Free Antivirus 2016 removal may fail. If that’s what happened to you, you can either repeat these steps one more time or install a professional software, such as Perfect Uninstaller, and uninstall Avira automatically.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.