Issue: How to Uninstall CyberLink PowerDVD16 on Windows
I have recently installed CyberLink PowerDVD, but it does not work properly. Once I try to launch it, an error message pop-ups saying “CyberLink PowerDVD has crashed”. I removed the application, but, nevertheless, when I try to launch a media file, CyberLink PowerDVD starts lauding and crashes. Please advise how to uninstall CyberLink PowerDVD ASAP!
PowerDVD 16 is a movie and media player developed by CyberLink Corp. This tool is presented as a valuable tool for streaming high quality movies thus creating an atmosphere of a cinema at home. There are previous additions of this player, including Ultra, Standard, and pro. Each of them has a range of supporting files, but PowerDVD 16 is obviously the most advanced one. It’s multifunctional: supports 360 degree videos, allows media sending to a big screen via wi-fi, enhances the quality of a video, offers a cinema-quality video playback, slow motion actions, and so on. Therefore, it’s a tool that requires attention.
BUT. If you would “google” for PowerDVD + removal, you would see how many troubles people had with all the versions of this application. We are not going to list all separate issues, but it seems that it crashes commonly, delivers errors, gets installed via software packaged, becomes removal resistant, and so on. Thus, if you have installed this tool and now can’t remove it, we will try to help you with PowerDVD 16 removal on Windows.
The easiest way to uninstall PowerDVD on Windows, to say in advance, is to download Perfect Uninstaller, which will do everything automatically. If this method does not satisfy your needs, read the next paragraph.
How to Remove CyberLink PowerDVD16 on Windows?
If you want to delete PowerDVD 2016 once and for all, make sure that you take your time and perform the removal correctly. Down below, we are going to list all the possible methods, so pick out the one that you prefer.
- on the Right-Click Start (bottom left corner) and select File Explorer
- Right-Click on the PowerDVD16 to find out its location. Then open Program Files (x86) > CyberLink > PowerDVD16
- Open this folder and find uninstall.exe in it. Double click on that file and let the process begin.
- You should get a confirmation window asking “Would you like to keep your personal settings for PowerDVD?” If you are going to reinstall the application in the future, select Yes. Otherwise, select No.
- After that, you should remove file leftovers via Windows Registry. For that, click on the Start button and enter regedit in the search bar.
- Once Registry Editor opens, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and look for a folder named CyberLink or something similar. Remove it if you want to uninstall CyberLink PowerDVD completely.
- Finally, reboot the PC.
- Click on Start (bottom left corner) and select Programs and Features under Programs. You should now see a long list of programs that are running on your PC.
- Find PowerDVD16 on the list, click it, and select Uninstall.
- After that, repeat steps 4,5,6, and 7 listed above to remove CyberLink PowerDVD on Windows once and for all.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.