Issue: How to Uninstall Internet Download Manager on Windows?
Hello, I installed Internet Download Manager a while ago, and now I am not sure what is the right way to uninstall it. I do not need this program anymore, and I would like to free up some space on my Lenovo computer. Can you provide a detailed guide on how to uninstall Internet Download Manager on Windows?
Internet Download Manager is a great tool for those who want to speed up download speed by up to 5 times. The software allows users to manage downloads in various ways – pause them, schedule them, and so on. It is important not to confuse real IDM with a fake Internet Download Manager, which displays ads. The real version is ad-free, provides a simple graphic user interface and functions smoothly. It helps to restart interrupted downloads due to network problems, power outages, or computer shutdowns. Other useful Internet Download Manager (IDM) features include zip preview, sounds on different events, HTTPS supports enhanced virus protection on download completion also built-in download accelerator, and others. This program serves well for those who experience many problems when trying to download computer programs to the system. However, if you no longer feel the need to use IDM, you can remove it using these instructions.
How to Uninstall Internet Download Manager on Windows?
- Log into Administrator’s account and make sure the Internet Download Manager is closed. If you can see it’s icon minimized in the Windows menu tray, right-click on it and choose Exit. Alternatively, you can open Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and check the Processes tab for IDM processes. If you can find any, end them.
- Now, access the list of software installed on your PC. If you’re using Windows 7, click on the Start menu and go to Control Panel, then to Uninstall a program. In case you’re using Windows 8/8.1/10, right-click on Start menu button and select Programs and Features.
- In the list of installed programs’ list, find Internet Download Manager. Click on it and then click on Uninstall button (or just right-click the name of the program and select Uninstall).
- Confirm your choice and follow instructions provided by IDM Uninstall Wizard. You will be asked how you want to uninstall the program – via Default or Full option. The Default mode will delete all IDM components from the system and also from web browsers, meanwhile the Full uninstall option will delete all unfinished downloads, IDM download list, and IDM settings. Choose the Full option if you want to completely uninstall Internet Download Manager.
- Once the uninstall wizard finishes its work, close it. Now, it is time to make some alterations in Windows Registry Editor. To open Windows Registry Editor, press down Windows Key and R at the same time. In the Run window, type in: regedit and press Enter.
- Windows Registry contains a lot of important keys and making wrong alterations here can cause serious problems such as system stability issues. Click on Edit, then Find…, and finally, type in Internet Download Manager and click Find (or Find Next). Delete all detected folders and components that contain the FULL name of Internet Download Manager.
- Restart your PC.
If these instructions didn’t help you to get rid of Internet Download Manager completely, you should use this program for its removal: Perfect Uninstaller. However, if you noticed that following installation of Internet Download Manager your computer started to work slower and even send you pop-up ads, we suggest checking the system with Reimage software to detect any possible fake IDM variants or components that you may have installed alongside Internet Download Manager in case you downloaded it from an untrustworthy web source.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.