Issue: How to Uninstall Kodi in Windows?
I have been using Kodi for a while and decided to switch to another program. However, I cannot uninstall it from the computer entirely. I am not sure what am I doing wrong, but could you give me some tips? To be more specific, I am using Kodi v17.
Many computer users inform about having the same problem – they cannot uninstall Kodi from the computer. This free application for home entertainment often attracts many computer users. However, there are many reasons why users decide to get rid of this program, for example, they are not satisfied with its features, they are bothered by some issues related to the program or just have found another similar program. When you decide to remove some programs from your computer, it’s crucial to uninstall them correctly. Otherwise, you might encounter various computer-related issues. For example, if you fail to uninstall Kodi v17 and you decide to install it again in the future, this attempt might end up with a failure. Moreover, you might experience system crash, frozen screen or other problems related to registry files. Therefore, if you are not sure how to uninstall program correctly or your first attempts were unsuccessful, follow our instructions and try one more time again.
Uninstall Kodi v17 manually
Kodi is compatible with various Windows versions, so uninstallation process slightly differs on different versions of the operating system. We prepared steps how to uninstall this program in Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10.
1. Stop Kodi from running in the background.
2. Open the list of the installed programs on your PC.
Windows 7 users have to open Start menu, go to Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 users have to right-click on the Start and then click Programs and Features.
3. In the program list, find Kodi v17 (or another version that you are using). Click on the program and then select Uninstall or double-click the program to activate its uninstaller. Once it’s active, confirm uninstallation and wait while the process will be finished.
4. Then, open the Windows Registry Editor:
Windows 7 users have to open the Start menu and in the search box and execute “regedit.”
Windows 8/8.1 have to move the mouse to the right corner and activate the menu. Then find Search and execute “regedit.”
Windows 10 users have to find the search box on the task bar (bottom-left corner of the screen) and execute “regedit.”
6. Remove all files that might have been left during regular installation. To do this you have to go to this folder and delete it: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kodi, and delete it. While in Registry Editor, follow these steps: Edit -> Find… -> search for Kodi -> Delete everything you find.
7. Reboot your computer. When it’s active, you should check whether you completed the removal completely. In the right end of the taskbar check the system tray and launch Task Manager (press Ctrl + Alt + Del buttons).
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.