Issue: How to Uninstall Rich Media Player on Windows?
Hello, I think that I had made a mistake when I decided to install Rich Media Player. Now I want to remove it, but I don’t know how. Can you please explain to me how to remove Rich Media Player? Thanks.
On Rich Media Player website, this program is advertised as a tool that is capable of opening almost all file formats. It helps you to organize your files into libraries, and you can download videos from websites and convert them to a format of your choice. At the first sight, it seems that this program is really useful and provides a rich set of features, however, we have seen some quite bad Rich Media Player reviews on the Internet. Some people complain that they cannot uninstall it, and others say that it is an ad-supported program and even refer to it as Rich Media Player adware. In case you have installed this program on your computer alone or alongside another program, and if you do not find it useful, then you have to choose one from two Rich Media Player removal options. You can uninstall it by following instructions provided below, or, if you want to spend less time and put less effort into it, just run an automatic software removal tool and let it delete it for you. For that, you can use Reimage or Perfect Uninstaller.
How to Uninstall Rich Media Player on Windows?
We are going to explain how to remove Rich Media Player from Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 OS.
Instructions for Windows 7 users:
- Turn your computer on, or, if it is already on, restart it. Before the screen with Windows 7 logo appears press F8 key repeatedly. Then you will see Advanced Boot Options menu. Choose one of the following:
- Safe Mode
- Safe Mode with Networking
- Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Once the computer is ready to use, open Start menu by clicking the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Then go to Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- In the list of programs, find Rich Media Player, click on it and select Uninstall button. If a message asking whether you want to restart your computer now or later appears, click on Later/No.
- Open Start menu again, type regedit and hit Enter key.
- This will open Windows Registry Editor. Now you have to locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ folder and find a folder that belongs to Rich Media Player. Delete them by right-clicking on it and selecting Delete.
- Reboot your computer.
Instructions for Windows 8/8.1 users:
- Move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen to open charms bar. Click Search and then type msconfig. Press Enter key, then click on Boot tab, select Safe boot option (in the Boot options section) and then click OK.
- Again, move your cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen to open charms bar. Click Search, type in: control panel and hit Enter key. Then select Uninstall a Program in the Programs column.
- In the list of all programs that are installed on your computer, find Rich Media Player, select it and click Uninstall. Refuse to reboot your computer immediately by selecting Later/No option.
- As we have explained above, open charms bar again. Select Search, type regedit and press Enter Key.
- Locate where HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software folder is, and delete Rich Media Player folder. To do that, right-click on it and select Delete.
- Reboot your computer.
You can also use these instructions to remove Rich Media Player from other versions of Windows; the principle is the same, only the names of buttons can be slightly different. However, if you encounter any problems while trying to delete this media player from your PC, you can just opt for automatic Rich Media Player removal option. For that, you can employ Reimage software (which will also optimize your PC) or Perfect Uninstaller.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.