Issue: How to Uninstall TeamViewer?
Hello. I installed TeamViewer a while ago, and I no longer use it. Actually, I needed it at one particular time only, when my friend asked me to help him out with computer problems. Besides, I heard that outdated versions of this software could allow attackers to compromise my PC… so please, explain to me how I should remove TeamViewer software?
TeamViewer is an entirely legitimate computer program that provides versions both for Windows and Mac users. This software allows the user to connect to other devices remotely, and it is free for personal use. We must say that it is a useful tool, sadly, malicious actors tend to exploit this tool and use it for bad intentions. The latest version of this program is Teamviewer 12, and, just like any other software, it needs to be regularly updated. If you have an old version of TeamViewer and you have no interest in keeping it on your computer system and updating it from time to time, then yes, removing it is the best thing that you can do. Below, we provide TeamViewer removal guides for Windows OS and Mac OS users – follow the proper one carefully, and you will uninstall TeamViewer in no time.
How to Uninstall TeamViewer?
Uninstall TeamViewer on Mac OS X
TeamViewer 9 and newer versions created for Mac OS X can be uninstalled this way.
- Open TeamViewer. In the top-left corner of your Mac’s screen, click on TeamViewer title. From a drop-down menu that appears, select Preferences.
- You will see a list of sections with different settings. Choose Advanced tab.
- Here, scroll down until you reach the bottom of this panel. You will see an “Uninstall” section.
- Put a mark in the checkbox next to a line that says “Also delete configuration files” and click Uninstall. Click OK to confirm.
Remove TeamViewer on Windows 10/8/7/Vista
- Click on Start menu, then go to Control Panel. You can also open the Control Panel in a different way: press down Windows key+R at the same time. In the Run Prompt, type control panel, and hit Enter. This will open Control Panel for you.
- In the Control Panel, find Programs section. Here, click Uninstall a Program.
- Find the program you want to uninstall (TeamViewer) and select it. Then click Uninstall button.
- Confirm your choice to uninstall TeamViewer, and then follow commands provided by the uninstall wizard.
Uninstall TeamViewer on Windows XP
To delete TeamViewer from Windows XP, follow these steps:
- Click on Start Menu, then choose Control Panel.
Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on the TeamViewer icon in the list of all programs, and then choose “Remove” (or “Change/Remove”) option.
- Uninstall the program according to directions provided by the uninstall wizard.
We hope that these instructions will come in handy when trying to remove TeamViewer from Windows/Mac. If you are not willing to waste time removing programs that you no longer use, you can rely on automatic software removal programs such as Perfect Uninstaller (for Windows) or CleanMyMac (for Mac). To optimize your Windows PC after deleting certain programs, also to check whether any spyware/malware programs were installed on it, we suggest using Reimage software.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.