Issue: How to Uninstall Windows Insider Program?
I do not want my PC send any statistical data to Microsoft and want to remove this Windows Insider Program. Since it is already integrated into Windows 10, is there any way to uninstall or deactivate it?
Windows Insider Program is the official software created by Microsoft. The key essence of the utility is that it allows its participants to test the latest Windows builds before they are officially released. By acquiring users’ feedback, Microsoft works on improvements and repair reported bugs and issues.
If you are not Windows enthusiast or you find it interfering with your privacy, you might consider eliminating the program. Though the program requires signing up, some users might get irritated even by the presence of it.
On the other hand, previous Microsoft Windows 10 forceful introduction campaign had a resonance on the virtual community. If you are concerned about privacy, you might want to eliminate the program. As some of you already suspect, there is no official “uninstall” function when it comes to Windows Insider Program. Nonetheless, the following suggestions will help you get rid of it.
Option 1. Unregister
If you were a member and want to quit participating, naturally, you will need to sign out. You will find all necessary instructions in the official page.
Option 2. Deactivate Windows Insider
In order to cease the activity of the software, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start button, type update and select Check for Updates. Select and then choose Update & Security section.
- Select Windows Insider Program on the left side of the window. Then terminate the program by clicking on Stop Insider Preview Builds.
Option 3. Use Registry Editor to terminate the program
- Click on the Windows key+R keys simultaneously to launch Run command window.
- Enter regedit, and click OK. Registry Editor will open .
- Click on the address bar, type the following entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\WindowsSelfHost\\UI\\Visibility
- Right-click on the Visibility folder, choose New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value in the options list.
- Alter DWORD name to HideInsiderPage and press Enter.
- Double-click the newly created DWORD and change the value from 0 to 1.
- Click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Later on, go to Settings (Windows key+ I). Enter Update & security section. The entry of Windows Insider Program will vanish.
In case, you want to contribute to the program, you can activate it again by changing DWORD HideInsiderPage value from 1 to 0 in the step 6.
Windows 10 grants more users more freedom in managing security settings. Click on the Settings and then Privacy. There you will see an extensive list of options. Besides privacy options regarding your location, email accounts and apps, you can choose how much statistical data Microsoft collects about your PC. These settings are found under Feedback & Diagnostics.
Get rid of programs with only one click
You can uninstall this program with the help of the step-by-step guide presented to you by ugetfix.com experts. To save your time, we have also selected tools that will help you carry out this task automatically. If you are in a hurry or if you feel that you are not experienced enough to uninstall the program by your own, feel free to use these solutions:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.