Issue: How to Fix “An Error Occurred While Windows Was Synchronizing With time.windows.com” Error on Windows 10?
Hello, all. Time synchronization fails with an error “An error occurred while windows was synchronizing with time.windows.com.” Windows Updates are not being downloaded either as they get stuck immediately. What solution do I have?
Although one might think that Date and Time applet on Windows is necessary for the users solely to check the time or date, there are many other services, which strictly require Date and Time settings to be set correctly. For example, Windows Store apps may fail to download or the latest Windows Updates may not be offered to you. To prevent Date and Time issues, Microsoft developed an Automatic clock synchronization service a long time ago. Automatic synchronization allows Windows OS to manage Date and Time settings according to the time zone. Additionally, Microsoft recommends people to synchronize time settings with a time.windows.com online server by following these steps:
- Right-click on Windows key and select Control Panel.
- Open Clock, Language and Region and click on Date and Time.
- Select Set the time and date and click on Internet time.
- Click Change settings and mark Synchronize with an Internet time server option.
- Finally, click Update now.
The problem is that sometimes Windows fails to synchronize with the time.windows.com server and delivers an error message “An error occurred while windows was synchronizing with time.windows.com.” The culprit of an issue is Windows Time service, which is not running for some reason.
Fixing “An Error Occurred While Windows Was Synchronizing With time.windows.com” error
To fix “An Error Occurred While Windows Was Synchronizing With time.windows.com” error, you should change Windows Time service settings or restart the service.
Method 1. Change Windows Time service settings
- Click Windows key + R, type services.msc, and press OK.
- Find Windows Time service on the list and double-click it.
- Make sure that Startup type is set to Automatic.
- Now click Start, click Apply, and OK to save the changes.
If these steps did not help, try restarting Windows Time service.
- Reopen Windows Services window as explained above.
- If Windows Time service is started, stop it and set the Startup type to Automatic.
- After that, Start the service, click Apply, and OK.
- To confirm all the changes, reboot the system.
Method 2. Re-register Windows Time
If restarting Windows Time service did not help to fix “An Error Occurred While Windows Was Synchronizing With time.windows.com” error, try to re-register Windows Time using Command Prompt:
- Right-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Copy and paste the following commands in the Command Prompt and press Enter after each of them:
w32tm /debug /disable
net start w32time
- If the command have been successfully executed, Command Prompt should deliver the following message: “The windows Time Service is starting. The windows time service was started successfully.”
TIP: to ensure system’s stability and smooth performance, take care of its optimization. Regularly scan Windows with Reimage and you will significantly decrease the number of Windows errors and risk of getting infected with a virus.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: