Issue: How to fix “Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” error on Windows 10?
I’ve been playing online games for ages and had no errors while using Windows 8. However, I’ve upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago pushed by my older brother and now regret that much. I’ve already encountered various Store errors that were not as irritating as the one I’m facing not. Now when I open Edge and try to play any game I was used to playing, I get the message saying “Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.” How can I fix it?
Microsoft forum is full of reports related to Windows 10 bugs and the amount of them is apparently increasing every day. However, we would like to point out the fact that Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and other Windows versions had and have weak spots, so it would not be fair to lay all blame to Windows 10. Recently, several people started a discussion about an error, which appears when trying to play online games on Microsoft Edge. The error message says:
Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.
This is not a very common issue on Windows 10. Nevertheless, it has been encountered on the older Windows versions except that Graphics Blocked error tended to show on Chrome, IE, and Safari web browsers quite frequently. It’s not a fatal error, so it’s fixes are not extraordinary (listed down below). Note that this pop-up is not limited to Microsoft Edge because it may appear while performing random tasks on the system or playing the games that are downloaded to the PC. It turns out that the culprit of “Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” error on Windows 10 is usually outdated display drivers, which explains a lot. Nevertheless, it may also be triggered by malware, so try to run a scan with Reimage before performing any further fixes because this tool will check for malware, as well as for registry issues and damaged system files. If the scan did not help, then try the following fixes.
How to fix “Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” error on Edge?
Generally, when you encounter any error on Windows 10 or another Windows version, it’s advisable to run System File Checker and DISM commands. Microsoft has developed these tools to help people solve problems related to file corruption and other minor malfunctions automatically. Therefore, if you are struggling with “Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” error, please start to fix it by doing the following:
- Click Win key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type sfc /scannow command and press Enter.
- Then type the following commands and hit Enter after each of them:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Close Command Prompt and reboot the system.
If these commands did not reveal anything specific, then please move on to following method.
Method 1. Use a System Restore Point
Have you created a System Restore Point some time ago? If you did, then you should try to enable it and check if the Graphics Blocked issue reappears on Edge. If you have started experiencing this issue only recently, System Restore should fix it:
- Click Win key and type Create a Restore Point.
- Select System Protection on the new window.
- Click on System Restore and then press Next.
- Select the last Restore Point that you have created and click Next.
- Click Finish and wait for the system to restore. After that, restart the system.
Method 2. Reinstall Display Drivers
- Right-click on Win key and select Device Manager.
- Look for the Display Drivers on the left pane and click it to expand.
- Select your graphics driver and click Uninstall Drivers.
- Click OK on the confirmation window.
- Once the process is finished, restart your PC.
- Then go to the Device Manager as explained above.
- Click Action tab on the toolbar.
- Select Scan for Hardware Changes. Now the system should automatically detect and reinstall the missing driver.
- If for some reason this process fails, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the driver manually.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.